• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Season 10: Big Mouth, J.Lo and the DAWG

Started by Pearl@32, January 19, 2011, 07:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

From Drudge...
QuoteSOURCE: SCOTTY TOOK NEARLY DOUBLE AMOUNT OF VOTES OVER RUNNER UP... DEVELOPING...
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

U2, Lady Gaga to Perform on 'American Idol' Finale
Spoiler alert! THR has the lowdown on who will duet with Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina Wednesday night.

If part one of the American Idol finale left you a little underwhelmed, season 10's two-hour second act shows much more promise, if not for the duets alone.

THR has learned of some very interesting pairings in store for tonight's show, airing live from L.A.'s Nokia Theater. In addition to previously reported collaborations (Jack Black with Casey Abrams, Beyonce with the Top 13 girls), Lauren Alaina will have the distinct honor of trading verses with her very own idol, Carrie Underwood, as will Scotty McCreery with country superstar Tim McGraw.

And in what are bound to be two standout moments that don't involve the final two, James Durbin will take the stage with iconic metal outfit Judas Priest (he sang the band's "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" during the Top 24), and Haley Reinhart, who some thought might get a stay of elimination on Tuesday night, will have her moment with Tony Bennett. Serendipitously, the legendary jazz crooner is gearing up for the release of a forthcoming duets album. In addition, ladies man Tom Jones will appear with the Top 13 guys.

While Fox will not confirm or comment on any prospective bookings, it's been long rumored that both judges Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez will perform on the show, the former pushing his first ever solo single and the latter likely hyping her single "On the Floor," currently No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100. Sources tell THR Lopez will indeed take the stage, but it won't be alone, and multiple blogs report that Aerosmith's "Dream On" was heard during rehearsal on Tuesday.

Backstage in the press room after the performance show, Tyler would only say that a guitar will be on hand Wednesday should he "choose to play it." As for whether the singer will be joined by his Aerosmith bandmates? The jury's still out. Worth noting: it wouldn't be Joe Perry's first time on the Idol stage. The guitarist played The Kinks "You Really Got Me" with Sanjaya Malakar during the Season 6 finale.

The Interscope contingent will include Lady Gaga (performing "Edge of Glory") and U2's Bono and the Edge (performing a song from the musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark), and there looks to be one more surprise by an unexpected twosome: the surviving members of TLC. 

As with everything Idol, all is subject to last-minute change.

Stoked yet?   :zzz:    Tune in to Fox tonight at 8 p.m.  for all the action.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

I must say while Lady Gaga confuses the hell out of me (well not that much, she's just annoying and copying Madonna) I do like her "Edge of Glory" song, even if it is reminiscent of "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson. Gaga says she wrote it, though I think she's listened to too much music. Lots of people commented how "Born This Way" was akin to Madonna's "Express Yourself," but it reminds me of TLC's "Waterfalls." "Poker Face" will always be my favorite song of hers.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on May 25, 2011, 09:08:11 AM
From Drudge...
QuoteSOURCE: SCOTTY TOOK NEARLY DOUBLE AMOUNT OF VOTES OVER RUNNER UP... DEVELOPING...

Dial Idol has projected that Scotty was at the top spot the whole season.

Dial Idol scoring:  Scotty 19.356 to Lauren 11.286.

The night Pia was voted off? Dial Idol had her at number 3 with the most busy signals.

eta: DI had Chris Daughtry as last the night he went home.

Also, there is no question that AI wants Lauren to win. I missed the beginning that Scotty won the coin toss and gave the choice to Lauren anyway. I just want to know whose idea was it for Lauren to hug her mom during her performance. So contrived and maybe voters thought it was too.

Pearl@32

The Idol Finale aka Pimping with the Stars

Pearl@32

Tim McGraw + Scotty McCreery = MAGIC  :bow:

Holy crap dude.

Pearl@32

Spooky

That would have been a good show to be at. Good lucky Scottie! Not that you'll need it.  :clap:
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

We were down in NC last week and he is definitely the "favorite son". Everywhere we went there were signs
up cheering him along and telling people to vote for him. My friends are not big TV viewers and they were
glued to the set last week when AI was on.  I don't know which was louder, the cheers for Scotty or the cicadas. :laugh:

When I first heard him on You Tube I thought there is the winner if pure raw natural talent was the criteria.
He wasn't the best entertainer or showy but a voice like that doesn't come around that often, one in a million.
He had it made the minute he opened his mouth at that audition. :)