• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Season 10: Big Mouth, J.Lo and the DAWG

Started by Pearl@32, January 19, 2011, 07:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Ok, I just watched the 10 best tearjerking moments in the photo gallery on ew.com (toward the bottom at http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20312226,00.html) and omg, totally teared up after finding a YouTube of Chris Medina's audition. Nice job! Sad to see the proposal though. You know, Steven Tyler might be crazy and look crazy, but he has got a huge heart. I never forgot how he and Joe Perry visited one of the kids who got shot in the Columbine shooting.

I wish I could say I've kept up with the show, but I haven't.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

OK, not understanding who they're choosing and letting go but they've got some kind of crazy "winner's got to be jack of all trades" criteria.

The more important thing is we are in the middle of a J. Lo meltdown and that's all that matters.  :idea:  Let's make the show about her!
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

AdmiralDigby

The more important thing is we are in the middle of a J. Lo meltdown

So hot yet so annoying .

I won't watch , so what's up ?
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

TinkTanker

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 24, 2011, 08:01:08 AM
The more important thing is we are in the middle of a J. Lo meltdown

So hot yet so annoying .

I won't watch , so what's up ?

I don't watch it either, but the radio dudes were going on and on and on about it. Apparently J-Lo had a breakdown after kicking some guy to the curb and sobbed hysterically forever.

If I knew the radio dudes were going to talk about it for more than 30 seconds, I would have changed stations.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Is it being claimed that Ms Lopez has empathy ?

???
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Radio dudes postulated that the new, touchier, feelier American Idle is all about showing how much they freakin' care. As opposed to the old AI, where they were all heartless bastages. You know, like the difference between Obama and Chimpy McHitler.

AdmiralDigby

But Ms Lopez is ( allegedly )  such a biatch .
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Yeah, but she has a fine ass. Which makes up for a lot.

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Pearl@32

I think I might be taking a time out on this year. To be honest, last year was a bit painful and while I liked a lot of people from last year, I just think it's gotten crazy. I mean, James (?) Durbin totally ripped off Adam Lambert's fantastic performance of "A Change is Gonna Come" for his final performance in front of the judges. I'm sure on some level Adam would be flattered, because he ripped off a lot of people, too. And he wasn't the only one: David Cook and Chris Daughtry did so as well. I think I'm just getting bored with Idol. It's a glorified karaoke contest ~ even though they allow the playing of instruments now and many contestants performed original songs for their finals, that's not the way it's going to go for the competition. I don't know. I guess I'm just getting tired of the ripoff and seeing what they think is talent get on the show.

My time might be best spent doing art and watching Netflix.

PS. You can also see in the opening credits instead just showing the winners they're showing runner-ups. THAT is a first. I guess Jennifer Hudson's Oscar and Daughtry music sales changed their tune. Now with the X Factor on the way, do we really care? Like my Idol buddy says, bring on So You Think You Can Dance!