• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

AI 2010

Started by Spooky, February 24, 2010, 09:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Live commentary from Spooky. You is teh crazie.

Crystal Bowersox: She's good. REAL good.

Haeley Vaughn: A little too all over place for this competition. She's too cute.

Lacey Brown: Don't like her voice that much. SHE'S really sweet though.

Katie Stevens: I think I'm over her.

Didi Benami: I don't agree with the judges either that it was so horrible. It wasn't perfect, but hey. Randy suggested other Bill Withers songs like "Lovely Day," which I could see, and "Use Me," which doesn't fit her personality at all. I like her a lot.

Michelle Delamor: When Ryan said she was gonna sing Creed, I was like, she's not singing "My Own Prison"! I thought "Higher" or "Arms Wide Open." Her voice is very soft, at least for this performance. I thought it was interesting and I think it can be sung by a girl.  :headbang:

Lilly Scott: I stopped doing my exercises for two girls last night. Lilly was one of them.

Katelyn Epperly: The song was slow, but she was the other girl I stopped to watch. But she held my attention, much like Sarah MacLachlan can, and she can sing some slow songs. I don't think it needed to be sped up all that much. I liked her control of it, not to rush it.

Paige Miles: Her eyes do remind you of Kandyse McClure! She took a chance picking that song ~ Kara co-wrote it so she had the backstory and slammed her. So yeah, I think she lost on that one with performance. Her singing wasn't all that bad though.

Siobhan Mangus: I didn't like the song at first. She's a little too cute, whereas Alexis Grace from last season probably could added some sass. But Siobhan turned it out.

All in all, Crystal, Lilly, and Katelyn were my faves from last night. Going to go watch a video of Coldplay's version of "The Scientist."

/yep, Katelyn's version is slower, but I think she was trying to be gentle with it.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Won't be watch the results show, so feel free to post spoilers.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

American Idol 2010 Top 20 Elimination Results:

Guy #1 Eliminated – John Park
Guy #2 Eliminated – Jermaine Sellers
Girl #1 Eliminated – Michelle Delamor
Girl #2 Eliminated – Haeley Vaughn

Not surprising at all. Could other people have been picked? Yes, but these four weren't going to be in the top 10 anyway.

Pearl@32

The only missteps so far are Joe and Ashley. It was a tough break for both of them.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Spooky

Katie Stevens – Meh...  I agree with all the judges :-\

Siobhan MangusChills... I had chills I tell ya. Very haunting. When she started I thought about Twin Peaks for some reason. Very good!  :clap: and Simon... she did have "that moment", it's when she started. Like I said "dude", it gave me chills. So STFU Simon!  :veryangry:

Lacey Brown – She sang it alright, but.... I don't know. I started reading emails when she was signing. It may be her best performance, but I agree with Simon this time. I won't remember this tomorrow.

Katelyn Epperly –  karaoke... good  karaoke, but  karaoke nonetheless. Did I mention  karaoke? How many judges will agree with me? Well, Simon almost mentioned karaoke.

Didi Benami – I really like her voice and she sang it very well, but I know she can do better. It was good, but I am going to disagree with Simon. I don't think it was a "Wow" performance. It was good, but now "Wow".

Paige Miles – Something is off. She better get back on track and quick. *cringe* Ouch that note hurt...  :doh: So sorry sweetie. Me thinks Simon is going to rip her to pieces. I almost don't want to listen to the judges.... Pretty much what I expected them to say. I think she's gone. She should try again next year.

Crystal Bowersox – Can't wait for Crystal... hurry up commercials, get off my gorram TV!!!! Wow! Hotdigitydog!  :headbang: Awesomeness! Even if she doesn't win the show, she will get a record deal out of this and I will buy it.  :headbang:

Lilly Scott – See what I wrote above? I would not want to follow that. Lets see how she she does... *sigh* Wrong song. He voice is awesome and she sang it well, but the song was not right. She's safe for sure, but she could have done so much better.

Probably Katie and Paige going home.  :hug:

Pearl@32

I missed Didi's performance, but why does every girl have to sing "Rhiannon"....

I was sad about Katelyn and Paige. Katelyn kept it low key. Martika recorded "I Feel the Earth Move" and it was an upbeat version. I thought Paige was going to cry!

Siobhan reminds me of Linda Ronstadt, especially with that song.

Lacey might squeak through ~ she's tried out how many times? She was ok. She has a quirkiness.

I half expected Lilly to go punk mid-way through the song. Instead of "I Fall to Pieces" being sad, what would happen if it was angry and nonchalant?

Last night was a bit boring except for a few girls.

Phyll33

Crystal is wonderful but it looks like she still has her health issue to contend
with as she didn't look like she was feeling well after that song. If you noticed
she sat down when the judges were giving their critique and almost collapsed
on that bench. I have my doubts she will make it through if the show affects
her diabetes as much as it appears to. Type 1 is so hard to keep under control,
I really feel for her and am surprised she had that baby since pregnancy can
be a killer with type 1.

I lost a good friend in high school with this disease. It's really rough.

Pearl@32

Wow, I wish I would've paid closer attention. Her voice sounded a little scratchy, but I wasn't sure if that is part of her style. Well, maybe AI has some good medical connections.

Spooky

Lee DeWyze – Pitchy McPitcherson. I like him , but it was just OK for me dawg.

Alex Lambert – He's growing on me. Nice job. Love his tone. The judges are right, he needs to loosen up a bit.

Tim Urban – I've heard this song sung so much better, but he did a pretty good job. He best by far. Ellen is awesome!

Andrew Garcia – I want him to do better. It wasn't horrible or anything, just.... I don't know... and that's the problem.

Casey James – I agree with Ellen. Nice job dude!

Aaron Kelly – Oh no he started out worse than Paige from last night. He did sound great at times, but sheesh! Sorry dude, but you steal the title of Pitchy McPitcherson from Lee. The judges talk about him trying hard, but "trying hard" doesn't get you votes, doing the song well from beginning to end does.

Todrick Hall –  I didn't like it. "Glee, glee it was like glee!" Simon is right. Good in parts and he is a Broadway singer, but I don't think it was good enough to save him.

Michael Lynche – Damn! Dude's got *IT*. He may not have the best voice of all the guys, but he's got everything else working for him. He sings really well, he performs really well and he's got a great personality. Definitely the guy to beat right now IMO.

I think Aaron and Todrick are going home.

Pearl@32

You're one out of four so far, Spooky!

I am bumming because I like all the guys who are left: Mike, Aaron, Alex, Andrew. Oh well, Mike is a definite. I'm hoping Alex will make it.

Oh well katelyn is gone.