• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

new season starts tonight...

Started by Consigliere5, January 13, 2009, 04:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saxon

I am totally shocked at some of the people they sent through and some they cut. They MUST see/hear more than we do with all the editing and such. And you can tell by some of the little snippets that they have much more interaction with the kids than we see on camera.

The guy who 'lost his wife' just seems so insincere to me. I get suspicious then either feel really guilty when/if I find I was wrong, or really gloaty if I'm right.

I just got the feeling that it was a made up story, showing the two guys who were 'best friends' with the one guy being there to 'back up his friend all the way'. I think they thought that would get them through. So did the other contestants by the sounds of things.

Jessi and I were so mean...we figured they were a couple and the 'dead wife' was a made up story that didn't work.

Forgive me if I insult or offend...just the first thing that came into my mind when he first started talking.

Also, they put through those two really whacked out guys and that loud annoying crazy girl. What the? This is not the 'entertainment value' I'd hoped for. *they said they were going to classy it up a bit....guess they just meant the rented 'mansion'?*

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

I watched the auditions sporadically so I did miss a lot of stuff, and drama that I didn't really need to see. Competition brings out the best and worst in people. The fact that they spend extra time getting footage from home is a bit creepy. But I guess that's reality TV. A lot of people on reality TV are actors. It's the sad truth.

I don't think any of the contestants, ones who made it and ones who didn't, have a clue of what they're getting into.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Saxon

They even asked her, with all her past 'deal's, why did she think she never made it? Simon said something about...'they never gave her a chance'...then let her through. Sick.

They play, they let people through who should NOT be there, and kick out those who are obviously more talented. The first two kids they had do a 'sing off' were equally talented, and the one kid was alot cuter...he'd have been a 'teen idol' type fave for sure. But he got cut.

They let that one guy go through who actually got up and left the stage in the middle of his set! I seriously think too much attention is placed on 'balance'. They have to have that 'diversity'...it's so stupid. They'll keep a crappy sounding blond, because they already have too many 'girls of color' or vice-versa. The other 'sing off' with the two blonds was stupid. They should have kept them both and kick off (and institutionalized) that ditzy insane girl (but she is dark and exotic looking...and obviously good for ratings).

UGH!

Pearl@32

How else could people like Justin Guarini and Sanjaya become mini-celebrities?

I am actually glad to see the diversity of those who can actually SING. :)  I say, don't think about it, and just have fun with it (or not).
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

Pearl@32

Dr. Horrible is in the hizzay!

NPH is sitting next to Ted Danson in the front row. Too funny.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Saxon

Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 17, 2009, 06:14:52 PM
Dr. Horrible is in the hizzay!

NPH is sitting next to Ted Danson in the front row. Too funny.

I saw them too!! How funny!!

Saxon

So, what did y'all think of the choices. I knew who the main girl and guy would be...kind of surprised, and in a good way about who the 3rd person was.