• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

American Idle Chat

Started by Pearl@32, April 15, 2008, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Quote from: Spooky on May 01, 2008, 09:59:50 AM
Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 01, 2008, 09:58:15 AM
Joss Stone

I get all goosepimply when I hear her voice. ETA... in a good way!  8)

I just bought two of her CD's last year after hearing her at the Princess Diana concert. The girl's got soul.  O0
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Phyll33

I don't watch this, just catch the songs on You tube but how the devil has Jason continued to stay on all this
time and other people have been kicked off. Kristy had a much better voice than Brooke and she went. I don't
understand the judging and how these people are selected because  it sure doesn't seem like it is for their talent.
The gal that sounded like a Janis Joplin clone was great although admittedly her range was limited. David A.,
pretty voice but sounds like a kid. David Cook should win this with the competition that is left but not sure he
was the best from ones that went.

Is there a vid of him with the band he was in from OK? That group sounds awfully familiar to me, my daughter
might know them.

Eric

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 01, 2008, 10:02:36 AM
Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 01, 2008, 09:58:15 AM
I'd hire Elliott for the wedding, if I had the money. Him, Joss Stone and Squirrel Nut Zippers. ;)

And Bob Seger for Eric.  :D

We're so going to Katmandu.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Phyll33 on May 01, 2008, 10:07:00 AM
 I don't watch this, just catch the songs on You tube but how the devil has Jason continued to stay on all this
thyme and other people have been kicked off. Kristy had a much better voice than Brooke and she went. I don't
understand the judging and how these people are selected because  it sure doesn't seem like it is for their talent.
The gal that sounded like a Janis Joplin clone was great although admittedly her range was limited. David A.,
pretty voice but sounds like a kid. David Cook should win this with the competition that is left but not sure he
was the best from ones that went.

Is there a vid of him with the band he was in from OK? That group sounds awfully familiar to me, my daughter
might know them.

Midwest Kings?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg5WYLYF1SI
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Consigliere5

Pearl@32

Was there a show on tonight?

:zzz:

Best performances: Archie! for "Love Me Tender," and Syesha for "A Change is Gonna Come"

I was so excited to hear Cook was singing "Baba O'Riley," but it wasn't as good. Maybe because how can you not have the winning slot machine sounds??? And how can you pare it down to under 2 minutes?!

It was a weird night. I think they're all tired or something.

Pearl@32

Bumpage.

Archuleta deserves to win; his performances were solid last night.

But Dial Idol has Cook in the lead, so who the hell knows.

All in all, the head-to-head week is pretty lame. I can't really remember any.

The finales can be good, depending on the guests. So with ZZ Top this year, it should be interesting.

:deadhorse:

Phyll33

I really like Cook and think he is the most versatile. They are both so different and really this could be a tie
since they are both great.

Spooky

This the first year I haven't paid much attention to AI. I think I've only watched 2-3 shows. So it's the rocker who doesn't really look like a rocker and the goofy kid with the creepy voice in the finale?  :loloeo:
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on May 21, 2008, 09:32:26 AM
This the first year I haven't paid much attention to AI. I think I've only watched 2-3 shows. So it's the rocker who doesn't really look like a rocker and the goofy kid with the creepy voice in the finale?  :loloeo:

Actually Cook had a makeover from the start of the show and does look like a rocker but I'm more impressed
with him when he goes out of rocker mode and sings songs from Roberta Flack and Andrew Loyd Webber. I
thought his Neil Diamond song "I'm Alive" was great. He sounded like a young Neil Diamond. David A. has
one of those choir boy voices that may not age well and is limited to certain songs although those songs he
does sing sound spectacular.