• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

American Idle Chat

Started by Pearl@32, April 15, 2008, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Welcome to the fantastic American Idle (Idol) thread!
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

Tuesday April 15th

AKA

Mariah Carey's "Pimp My CD" Episode

I didn't get to see all of it, but Carly can sit down to refrain from singing "Without You." Carly has NOTHING on Kelly Clarkson, Season One.

Carly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXK5R8LoKd0

Kelly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gkcj6vcWZc

I enjoyed David Cook's performance, of course; I don't know what the judges were hearing with the other David and Dreadlock Boy Jason though. Syesha pulled it off as much as I could tell in the recap, but she'll be leaving. Brooke was ok, and I think Kristy Lee has solidified her future on CMT, for sure.

If Cook doesn't win, and it's about time a rocker won, I *will* say those famous last words.

"I'm never watching again!"

PS. I think Carly looks like Boy George's sister.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

DREADLOCK BOY, YOU'RE SAFE AGAIN!  :wall:

Pearl@32

Oh, say it isn't so......my favorite Idol contestant has had albums out as well!  :'(

David Cook
This Oklahoma-native had two albums with the rock band Axium under his belt before he headed to Omaha to audition for Idol. Here's a video of the band's performance.  Last year, David released his first solo album, "Analog Heart."

I hereby give American Idle the official "Jump the Shark" award.

OK, I admit it, it is a sham like everything else.

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

What the HELL happened to Paula Abdul?!

She USED to be a dancin' force of nature!

Now she's an accident always happening!

Paula, cut down on the drugs, baby.

Consigliere5

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 01, 2008, 07:48:17 AM
DREADLOCK BOY, YOU'RE SAFE AGAIN!  :wall:

:D

*joins in the head bashing*

Pearl@32

And another one of my favorites:
Brooke White
Brooke is another contestant with an album already under her belt.  She released her debut album "Songs from the Attic," in 2005 on the New Millennium Records Group label.

American Idol will lose its popularity, it's jsut a question of when.

Pearl@32

To E: You were right.

I'm  :-[

Eric

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 01, 2008, 08:48:04 AM
To E: You were right.

I'm  :-[

Finally I'm right about something!

BTW, of what are we speaking?  :-*