• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

I spy... a full season pickup!

Started by TinkTanker, October 18, 2010, 12:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

And now for some Chucking unbelievable news: Chuck is on the verge of receiving a full-season pickup from NBC, sources confirm to me exclusively. Although a Peacock rep declined to comment, insiders tell me the network and Warner Bros. Television are ironing out the final details of the back-nine order as we speak.
Earlier this month, Chuck cocreator Josh Schwartz expressed cautious optimism about his little-show-that-could surviving past its initial order of 13 episodes. "NBC is really happy with it creatively," he said. "This is Chuck. We never say die."
Currently in its fourth season, Chuck has become a steady performer for NBC on Mondays at 8 pm. And in this climate, steady is the new up!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/18/chuck-full-season-pick-up/
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

ILJ

The emperor is naked!  NNNAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyll33

Finally!!  How do they expect any creator of a show that is serial like to know how to plan the series if they
don't know how many shows they will have in a season? It is good this year although I miss the Jeffster not
being on more.

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

NBC ordered an additional 11 episodes, bringing the total to 24 this year.

Spooky

24? Wow!  :clap:

The studio must be pretty happy with everything
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Spooky on October 19, 2010, 12:58:21 PM

Thinking syndication.

Phyll33

Quote from: TinkTanker on October 19, 2010, 01:12:03 PM
Quote from: Spooky on October 19, 2010, 12:58:21 PM

Thinking syndication.

Hmmm, is that good news or bad news? Much more for us this year but are they trying
to wrap up the numbers quicker so they can let it go sooner?

Phyll33

Chuck is being discussed elsewhere as on the bubble. Anyone heard if it is going to be around next year or are all of these extra
shows they contracted for the end? I set my DVR for the series and noticed they are showing Chuck twice in one week for a couple
of weeks. Since I set it for only new episodes does anyone know if they are dumping episodes to get it over with?