• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Lost Alternate Endings

Started by eforhan, May 24, 2010, 05:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

My first choice was inside Tommy Westphall's mind.
My second was number three in the following clip.  It's full of more awesomeness than I can express:

Spooky

I liked the Sopranos ending and seeing Newhart.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

The first one made me laugh out loud. Like, LOUD.

I like the little kid that was behind Jimmy at the beginning.

[spoiler]Go Naveen and Harold. "Where have you been?" Nice placement of "You All Everybody."[/spoiler]
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

[spoiler]Ann was asking why no Walt and Michael at the 'church' at the end of the episode. Near as I can figure, Michael wasn't there because he was still trapped on the island (he was one of the disembodied voices) and Walt didn't want to be there without his dad. Either that or because his life that he lived was more important away from these people and his 'purgatory' was elsewhere.[/spoiler]
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

Quote from: TinkTanker on May 24, 2010, 09:22:46 AM
[spoiler]Ann was asking why no Walt and Michael at the 'church' at the end of the episode. Near as I can figure, Michael wasn't there because he was still trapped on the island (he was one of the disembodied voices) and Walt didn't want to be there without his dad. Either that or because his life that he lived was more important away from these people and his 'purgatory' was elsewhere.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Or he's an immortal. There can be only one![/spoiler]

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

[spoiler]Technically there should have been more people in the church, right?

This is what I get for not watching.

I think it's stupid that they couldn't say the word "Heaven."

Then again, I was drinking Merlot and might've missed it.

PS. Why was Penny in the church?[/spoiler]
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

TinkTanker

An explanation stolen from Dark UFO:

[spoiler]In the final confrontation. Desmond was the only person who could go down into the light and unplug the cork. By unplugging the cork. The island lost all power. When the island lost all power ALL THE RULES COULD NOW BE BROKEN. Smokey/MIB lost all of his powers which made him mortal again but at the same time he could now kill the candidates directly. At the same time the island without its power was being destroyed...probably the whole world was being destroyed like "Mother" told her kids on what would happen if the light went out.

So MIB was now mortal and after a confrontation with Jack, he was finally killed. But the island needed to be re-plugged. Jack did this and sacrificed himself for the island. Hurley was left to be the new Jacob and Ben was his new "Richard" It appears that they had a successful long future not unseen but as Hurley told Ben in the ALT (which I am going to get into) "you were a good number 2" Ben: you were a good number 1" As for the people on the plane it appears that they escaped the island and probably lived happy lives back in the main land. The ones probably back in the island lived happy lives, like Rose Bernard, Cindy and the kids. As for Desmond he probably was able to get back to his family as well thanks to Hurley and Ben. Jack's dying body was thrown out of the cave (like MIB's body In Across the sea). He laid there dying looking up when Vincent came over and as he looked up and saw that the Ajira plane had been able to leave. He closed his eye and died.

Eventually like everyone does, they all died, from old age or however. (including Richard who started to finally age). Hurley probably died long after everyone else once he found his own candidate. When they finally died their "spirits" joined the others who had died before during the course of the series, they were in this type of "purgatory" which in season 6 was the ALT reality. Once in this purgatory, once they "woke up" or realized that they were in reality dead. They were able to "cross-over" probably to a type of heaven depending on your spiritual views. They lived happily ever after, in the great beyond.
[/spoiler]

Also, [spoiler]Penny was there because Desmond was there. These people had the most profound effect on Desmond's life and that is why he was there. Ben didn't go in with Hurley because he either didn't feel it was his time yet (he needed more time in limbo or purgatory or whatever) or his 'church' would be with Alex and Rousseau and more of the Others, with whom he spent so much of his life. Eloise Hawking knew the ALT time-line to be Limbo or Purgatory (she asked Des if he was taking her son away from her) but selfishly kept him with her, preventing him from moving on. Probably due to the guilt of killing him 30 years earlier 'in another life'.[/spoiler]

Pearl@32

Tink -- [spoiler]So, does that make Bethany part black?[/spoiler]

TinkTanker

Quote from: Pearl@32 on May 24, 2010, 05:37:37 PM
Tink -- [spoiler]So, does that make Bethany part black?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Who is Bethany?[/spoiler]

Eric

Leaked alternate ending.

Not quite Tommy Westphall, but close 'nuff. What do I win?

LOST The secret alternate ending