• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Can't Wait for "V"!!!

Started by Saxon, October 22, 2009, 01:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saxon

I really, really, really can't wait for all you guys to see this show! I hope they haven't changed anything from what they showed us at Comic Con, cuz all you guys are gonna fall outta your seats! Seriously...we were freakin' out!

http://abc.go.com/shows/v?partner=rm&cid=KNC-rm+v_title_fall_launch+google+v#

Watch some of the clips, I love the line, when the news dude asks Anna (Morena) if she has any questions before they start, and she says, "Just be sure not to ask anything that will paint us in a negative light". lol...sound familiar? lol.

*of course, I think Obama isn't attractive enough to be a Visitor. heh.

Jessi has a friend I REALLY want to dress up as a 'Visitor'...with Jessi's make-up skills at making terminators, I know she could do 'visitors'...just need something other than the silver 'emergency blanket' material she's been using to make the 'metal'....need something with a different 'texture'. *shiver*

CAN NOT WAIT!!

I told the girls, it would be the PERFECT costume for some who really loves to 'play a part'...they could say stuff when asked 'what's your costume?', or 'who are you supposed to be?", like, 'in 3 days, you'll know'. Or 'we will arrive in 3 days, then all will be revealed'. lol.

Did I mention Jessi's friend looks exactly like Morena? Small, exotic, beautiful, and is from Brazil? I'd LOVE to take her to Comic Con! If I had a size 2-4 metallic/silver/slate blue type outfit, and Jessi had the right 'supplies', we could make this girl a kick but 'costume'. So subtle. hehe. I don't want to 'spoil' anyone, but I gotta share: *seriously, don't look if you don't want anything about the show!!*

[spoiler]One way to prove that a person is NOT a 'visitor', a growing 'underground movement' has a way to 'test' people who come into contact with them. They cut a smal 'V' right behind their ear, near the bone, and lift the flap of skin...if it's flesh, they are obviously human. BUT...if there is reptilian 'lizard skin'! *shiver* I thought it would be cool for Jessi to use a bit of faux lizard skin, thin material and make her usual 'Terminator' type make up, either as a wound on an arm or something...but the little 'v' behind the ear would be awesome! Can you imagine the 'party trick' of a beautiful young gal in close fitting cool/reptilian colored suit, *the chick honestly looks like Morena!* with a little 'V' 'cut' behind her ear...and some lizard showing? *yipes* Anyone who doesn't 'get it', could have "Anna" say something about 'please be sure to watch my exclusive interview on ABC on November 3rd'...which is another crack up, since this new 'visitor' administration only deals with news people who abide by their rules and tell ONLY what they want told! LOVE IT![/spoiler]

I seriously hope none of you gave in to temptation and spoiled yourself. I'm just so very excited about this show. I hope they continue with the stuff they gave us in that pilot ep they showed us. It will sure to be a hit with 'us'. heh. I'm so happy for Morena.

TinkTanker

I just wish ABC had more confidence in it. They are showing the first four episodes this November and then the rest next year some time, probably in March-April.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on October 22, 2009, 04:22:06 AM
I just wish ABC had more confidence in it. They are showing the first four episodes this November and then the rest next year some time, probably in March-April.

What ?

That's insane .
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

They are call the first 4 a miniseries from the ad I saw last night.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

That is similar to what they did with the original...but times have changed. That does not bode well.

[spoiler]I am hoping it's because they are planning to keep the 'theme' I'm so excited about...but also afraid that that is the reason. Too bad it's not on FOX! *never, in a million years did I think I'd ever utter/type those words!*[/spoiler]

SerenityValley

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 22, 2009, 05:35:06 AM

What ?

That's insane .

Sounds like SyFy.  BSG, SG, etc.  I HATE when they do that crap.  I'm really looking forward to V though.  I loved the original.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Saxon

I did brag to everyone that the guy Tom is helping with the screenplay (cop/drama) was in the original "V", right? *fangurl squeeeeeeeeeee*. His name is Tom Bellen. *also in an ep of Buffy*

SerenityValley

Quote from: Saxon on October 27, 2009, 01:50:48 AM
I did brag to everyone that the guy Tom is helping with the screenplay (cop/drama) was in the original "V", right? *fangurl squeeeeeeeeeee*. His name is Tom Bellen. *also in an ep of Buffy*

Shiny!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Saxon

He just dropped off an edited (with Tom's input) copy of the screenplay last night. Tom was reading it...I haven't yet. Oh, and Tom finished his own book after all these years! He's going to enter it in a contest in Feb.

Eric

[spoiler]So far it's interesting, and seems to be a referendum on blind hope and change fevah.

They did throw in the obligatory "Visitors are to blame for unnecessary wars" thing, though. [/spoiler]