• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Help me out, my Biblical knowledge is sadly lacking (spoilers for S5 finale)

Started by TinkTanker, May 14, 2009, 06:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consigliere5

QuoteIn the Book of Job a game is played between God and the Devil to test the faith of Job. God argues that Job is a good man and nothing the Devil can do will destroy his faith in God. The Devil tests Job three times, destroying his land, killing his children, and finally covering him from head to toe in boils. After each test Job remains faithful, refusing to curse God, and the Devil is proven wrong.

It is interesting to me the similarities between Bens life and the Book of Job. Even the tests seem to be the same, only in a reversed order, first he is given a tumor, then he loses his daughter, finally he loses his land (banished from the island.) The other major difference is obviously the end result where Ben does curse Jacob (God) and the Devil (the guy in black) is proven right.