• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Another good episode

Started by Spooky, April 10, 2009, 10:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Why? Why did they start with episodes that were so vanilla?  :wall:

The last few episodes have set the series up so well. It can go in so many directions. I hope by some miracle it gets another season. I've done my part by pre-ordering the DVDs.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

The network obviously got control of the first ones and tried to have them have the same situation everyweek
just different settings. That's the way they operate. That's why you have most shows such as the CIS ones and
the cop ones do the same thing over and over. The only thing that saves these shows are the actors in them.
NCIS would be boring as the dickens if it wasn't for that cast.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on April 10, 2009, 10:09:14 PM
Why? Why did they start with episodes that were so vanilla?  :wall:

The last few episodes have set the series up so well. It can go in so many directions. I hope by some miracle it gets another season. I've done my part by pre-ordering the DVDs.

We weer sp straight out yesterday with company ( seems we are the "go-to" place for familial gatherings on holidays ) that I never even thought of Dollhouse until this monring .

:wall:

I just let all six Star Wars movies play on the tv all day long .

So it was good , eh ?

Like as in "Sierra gets nekkid and makes out with Echo" good ? Or just "nekkid Sierra" ?

One track mind - I have it

:D

( although the British chick is all sorts of hawt herownslf - and Mellie's quite dishy too , in fact , nothing against Eliza , but she's running last in the pretty department on this show )

So what happened ?

( use spoiler tag if you must )

???

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Phyll33 on April 11, 2009, 07:30:58 AM

The network obviously got control of the first ones and tried to have them have the same situation everyweek
just different settings. That's the way they operate. That's why you have most shows such as the CIS ones and
the cop ones do the same thing over and over. The only thing that saves these shows are the actors in them.

"Formula" is for babies and people who can't organise higher thought processes .

Explains the mindset of suits , eh ?

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Phyll33

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on April 11, 2009, 07:32:39 AM

"Formula" is for babies and people who can't organise higher thought processes .

Yep, they all seem to be programmed and can't think outside the box. That is supposed to be why they
hire creative writers and then they stifle them. They are very insecure and indecisive and afraid to take
a chance. Sounds like the networks have hired a bunch of wimps.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Phyll33 on April 11, 2009, 07:36:45 AM
Quote from: AdmiralDigby on April 11, 2009, 07:32:39 AM

Yep, they all seem to be programmed and can't think outside the box. That is supposed to be why they
hire creative writers and then they stifle them. They are very insecure and indecisive and afraid to take
a chance. Sounds like the networks have hired a bunch of wimps.

Yeah , wimps who think they are "Alphas" no less .

:P
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric

"Formula" is why we have three CSI, four Law&Order (or whatever number) and no Firefly.
The sad thing is that it works.  We hate it, but there are plenty who dig it.

TinkTanker

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on April 11, 2009, 07:31:14 AM

So what happened ?

( use spoiler tag if you must )

???

[spoiler][/spoiler]
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on April 11, 2009, 01:35:52 PM
"Formula" is why we have three CSI, four Law&Order (or whatever number) and no Firefly.

That's because the masses lack the concentration needed to follow a serialized show .
Perhaps if we had camps to improve their attention spans .

Concentration camps ?

:-\
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Phyll33

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on April 11, 2009, 02:51:50 PM
Quote from: Eric on April 11, 2009, 01:35:52 PM

That's because the masses lack the concentration needed to follow a serialized show .
Perhaps if we had camps to improve their attention spans .

Concentration camps ?

:-\

Still here. Just about ready to shut down but had to comment on this. The masses have been watching
serialized shows for decades. Look at the popularity of soap operas so that doesn't compute as to their
reason. Look at how popular shows like Dallas and Dynasty were. When did this mindless same every
week come about? It hasn't been that long ago. It appears that the PTB got scared of trying anything
different or there was a turn over at the top a decade ago and the new guys just didn't have the gumption
or guts to do anything except the sure thing.