• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Castle Season 6

Started by Pearl@32, September 25, 2013, 09:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

The writers have decided that like many college-age girls, Alexis needs to rebel. This is called dramatic tension. She can't rebel with someone Castle would approve of, therefore he has to be a flake. Ergo, Pi.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Phyll33

Quote from: Pearl@32 on October 22, 2013, 04:45:16 PM
Quote from: Saxon on October 21, 2013, 11:41:55 PM
Quote from: TinkTanker on October 21, 2013, 07:01:43 PM
Tonight's Castle will be great, he said having seen it from the future.

It was a AWESOME ep!

'Cept I am really NOT liking the Pi/Alexis story line. Love her, not him.

Quote from: Phyll33 on October 22, 2013, 08:32:42 AM

I'm not liking the Pi story line either. Alexis has always been more sensible and smart.
To choose this ignoramus as a boyfriend is totally out of character.

I cannot stand Pi at all. He is such an insult to Alexis's character, unless they're going with some "college is opening her mind" angle. *rolls eyes*  And if it's supposed to be his big PEEN, WHATEVER. But just because he's sleeping on the couch doesn't mean they're not doing anything. I think it's also lame of Castle not to put his foot down. You're letting her new boyfriend shack up at your abode? Really? I didn't even get to sleep in the same bed with my boyfriend under my parents' roof during Christmas holiday until I was dating him for a few years. Alexis is being played real stand-offish lately, like she's gonna go off backpacking in Europe with Pi at any moment. Just weird.

Oh well, we don't watch Castle for depth, right?  :haha:

:)

Depth no but a little commonsense would be nice. If Alexis is rebelling then she would act like it, have changed her personality
a little, dress and talk a little different instead of this I've dragged a stray dog home because he amuses me routine we are
seeing.  I also agree Castle should throw the bum out but believe me I know that is hard to do when your child makes these
kind of decisions, in retrospect that is the best decision. I suppose what seems off to me is that it appears he has been put
there for comedy relief and since Castle and crew produce their own comedy they certainly don't need this silly character for
help in that regard.

Saxon

I'm not liking the Pi story line either. Alexis has always been more sensible and smart.

Right? They (the writers) don't seem to know her very well. They've never even done any scenes with them to show that they have something in common that would be true to Alexis' character. *and no guys, I don't believe that Alexis' is shallow enough to want a doofus like this guy just for sex*

Saxon

Quote from: Phyll33 on October 22, 2013, 09:25:53 AM
Quote from: TinkTanker on October 22, 2013, 08:50:00 AM
Hormones. That's the only explanation.

But... But even her hormones should rebel from this character. He's a doof, what in the
world would be the turn on. This just does not compute with the personality they have
given Alexis.  I hate when they do that.

I really should read down all the posts before I write one!
At least I see that I have the same opinion of this situation as Phyll...great minds and all that!
Yeah...he is definitely NOT cute enough to ignore that he's an idiot! And Alexis has always been more responsible than they are writing her.
I think I've missed an episode or two...so maybe someone can answer this for me...have they mentioned or implied that they are having sex? It really bothers me that tv shows make it 'normal' for someone her age to just ignore her father's feelings in something that big. I really hoped that as "Alexis" matured, she'd show the young girls who look up to her that it's okay to 'wait'. I sure hope they redeem this story line!

Saxon

Quote from: Pearl@32 on October 22, 2013, 04:45:16 PM
Quote from: Saxon on October 21, 2013, 11:41:55 PM
Quote from: TinkTanker on October 21, 2013, 07:01:43 PM
Tonight's Castle will be great, he said having seen it from the future.

It was a AWESOME ep!

'Cept I am really NOT liking the Pi/Alexis story line. Love her, not him.

I cannot stand Pi at all. He is such an insult to Alexis's character, unless they're going with some "college is opening her mind" angle. *rolls eyes*  And if it's supposed to be his big PEEN, WHATEVER. But just because he's sleeping on the couch doesn't mean they're not doing anything. I think it's also lame of Castle not to put his foot down. You're letting her new boyfriend shack up at your abode? Really? I didn't even get to sleep in the same bed with my boyfriend under my parents' roof during Christmas holiday until I was dating him for a few years. Alexis is being played real stand-offish lately, like she's gonna go off backpacking in Europe with Pi at any moment. Just weird.

Oh well, we don't watch Castle for depth, right?  :haha:

Seems I'm not the only one with seeing the misunderstanding of Alexis' character! And what is with the idea that when a kid turns 18 their parents have no say in what they do? Is SHE paying for her college/food/whatever? What about respect for him? That really bugged me. :( And that old 'if you tell her no she'll want to do it more' crap they play out on tv is stupid!

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on October 22, 2013, 05:03:28 PM
The writers have decided that like many college-age girls, Alexis needs to rebel. This is called dramatic tension. She can't rebel with someone Castle would approve of, therefore he has to be a flake. Ergo, Pi.

After what's been happening here re Toni and her bf ( Enzo's dad ) , this is straight up believable .
Although I'm going to assume that the tv goof is a hella better catch ...

:-\
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Phyll33

Quote from: Saxon on October 23, 2013, 01:10:49 AM
Quote from: Phyll33 on October 22, 2013, 09:25:53 AM
Quote from: TinkTanker on October 22, 2013, 08:50:00 AM
Hormones. That's the only explanation.

But... But even her hormones should rebel from this character. He's a doof, what in the
world would be the turn on. This just does not compute with the personality they have
given Alexis.  I hate when they do that.

I really should read down all the posts before I write one!
At least I see that I have the same opinion of this situation as Phyll...great minds and all that!
Yeah...he is definitely NOT cute enough to ignore that he's an idiot! And Alexis has always been more responsible than they are writing her.
I think I've missed an episode or two...so maybe someone can answer this for me...have they mentioned or implied that they are having sex? It really bothers me that tv shows make it 'normal' for someone her age to just ignore her father's feelings in something that big. I really hoped that as "Alexis" matured, she'd show the young girls who look up to her that it's okay to 'wait'. I sure hope they redeem this story line!

:)

I have to smile. All of the women on here see a much broader view of this than the guys.
We see out of character, a doofy guy that isn't appealing, and a rather idiotic storyline
with no redeeming value with this character. The guys see she wants to jump his bones
which is a big EWWW right there.

I think when Pi came home with Alexis Castle did put him on the couch. Martha and her
free thinking pushed Castle to be more open-minded and I did get the impression they
might be having sex. I still thought while he was there  he was still on the couch though.
I kind of tune him out when he is on since I can't stand him so I might have missed some
of that storyline.

TinkTanker

That's the whole point in rebelling, it's doing something totally uncharacteristic. Alexis going off and moving in with a guy that is smart, charming, focused on the future, that's not rebelling. That's spreading her wings a little and growing up. Castle might not approve, but it would not cause tension. This way when she sees Pi for the flake he is, the inevitable reconciliation occurs. Alexis comes to Castle, buries her face in his shoulder, cries, asks how could she have been so stupid, why didn't she listen to her dad, daddy knows best. Castle puts his hands he on shoulders, tells Alexis he always has faith that she will do the right thing and he knew she'd come around. Some mistakes you just have to make yourself so you can learn from them. Then they go do something they did when she was a kid, like ice cream or laser-tag, to drive home the point that all is forgiven.

Phyll33

Quote from: TinkTanker on October 23, 2013, 07:58:50 AM
That's the whole point in rebelling, it's doing something totally uncharacteristic. Alexis going off and moving in with a guy that is smart, charming, focused on the future, that's not rebelling. That's spreading her wings a little and growing up. Castle might not approve, but it would not cause tension. This way when she sees Pi for the flake he is, the inevitable reconciliation occurs. Alexis comes to Castle, buries her face in his shoulder, cries, asks how could she have been so stupid, why didn't she listen to her dad, daddy knows best. Castle puts his hands he on shoulders, tells Alexis he always has faith that she will do the right thing and he knew she'd come around. Some mistakes you just have to make yourself so you can learn from them. Then they go do something they did when she was a kid, like ice cream or laser-tag, to drive home the point that all is forgiven.

Maybe. The trouble is she isn't acting like she is rebelling, she acts like she just brought
home a goofy stray puppy to keep for awhile. Believe me I know what rebelling is and
this isn't it.

TinkTanker

Believe me I know what rebelling is and this isn't it.

It's what passes for it on this show. Remember, this is the girl who went to the sci-fi convention showing lotsa boobies.

This 'conflict' will go on for half a dozen or so episodes, relations will be strained, angsty angst will be angsted, then wrapped up for February sweeps.

Like Pearl said, we aren't watching this for depth. That's reserved for SHIELD. :neener: