• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Award Shows

Started by Rosie, January 14, 2013, 10:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie

People's choice Awards was nice. Nathan winning was great. Sorry Stana didn't win.

Missed the Critic's choice. don't watch the Sag Awards.

Absolutely loved so many things about the Golden Globes. It was full of shout outs and personal cmments with silent humour from Tina and Amy in the audience. Amy cuddling of with George was brilliant.

Seeing Morena and Nathan there was very neat.

Golden Gobes always seems the more fun award show. I was very happy for Ben Affleck and the rest of the winners.

Pearl@32

I skipped Golden Globes because I just don't care about any of the films or the hoopla anymore. (I spent this past weekend on a Fringe binge!) I did watch the news this morning to find out "who won" and "who dressed the best & worst" though.

I haven't seen a single best picture nominee this year and I only plan on maybe seeing at the most 3 (Les Miz, Silver Linings Playbook, The Sessions) and probably only Les Miz in the theater.

Awards shows aren't not fun for me anymore; all they are is vain, even if they are joking, crying and grateful for their awards.

It is nice for our BDHs to have exposure because of their shows (Morena and Nathan especially). I've been catching up on Suits and have to see that through...at so many points I can sense Zoe but I know it's just the way Gina naturally acts, which is kick-ass!
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Rosie

The Oscars are like my Superbowl!

My OSCAR Predictions:

Best Pic Argo
Dest Director Steven Spielberg (Unless they did a write in campaign and in an unprecedented move voted for Ben Affleck.)

Best Animated Feature: Wreck it Ralph

The rest I really don't care. I am just curious about the Best Director award since Ben Affleck swept all the award shows including the Director's Guild Awards. Everybody gave him the award for Best Director.

If I won the Academy for Best Director because Ben was not nominated I don't call that a true win. I call it good luck for the winner.

Ben knows he was recognized. I just want to hear the speech of the winner!!! *pins and needles*

Also I don't want to see who died that I didn't realize had died. In Memoriam always so sad.

Pearl@32

Watching Oscars and I just got chills from the Les Miz number. There is something exciting about a musical....where most of the songs sound different but musically meld with each other.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

I love seeing the photos from the Oscars; what I don't remember is hearing all the damn shutters during the show.

Pearl@32

Just turned off the Oscars. I don't know whether to laugh, get madder or cry for this country. Am I supposed to impressed that the First Lady who happens to be Black, announces the Best Picture nominees? I'm just upset. I really don't understand this crap. I really don't.

madcapitola

I turned off the Oscars when the winner for best supporting actor called Quentin Tarantino a hero.

Maybe I take things too seriously, but that made me absolutely sick to my stomach... if that's what passes for a hero these days, no wonder America is where it is.   >:(

Consigliere5

The Oscars used to be my Superbowl... And then I went into Hate the Oscars for being a leftwing self congratulatory Fest mode for several years... But I watched them last year and liked 'em again... I wasn't able to watch this year at the last minute... But after finding out about the Michelle Obama thing, it's just as well that I missed it...

Guess I'll have to see if I can find the Les Mis performance somewhere...

Pearl@32

Quote from: madcapitola on February 25, 2013, 06:13:41 AM
I turned off the Oscars when the winner for best supporting actor called Quentin Tarantino a hero.

Maybe I take things too seriously, but that made me absolutely sick to my stomach... if that's what passes for a hero these days, no wonder America is where it is.   >:(

It's because QT's help him win 2 Oscars now. Personally I didn't really see a difference between his performance in Inglorious Basterds and Water for Elephants, so I doubt there's a difference with Django Unchained.

Pearl@32

Quote from: Consigliere5 on February 25, 2013, 06:30:51 AM
The Oscars used to be my Superbowl... And then I went into Hate the Oscars for being a leftwing self congratulatory Fest mode for several years... But I watched them last year and liked 'em again... I wasn't able to watch this year at the last minute... But after finding out about the Michelle Obama thing, it's just as well that I missed it...

Guess I'll have to see if I can find the Les Mis performance somewhere...

The music parts were entertaining because you got to see Catherine Zeta-Jones and Jennifer Hudson perform their signature songs from Chicago and Dreamgirls. (JHud got a standing ovation.) And then you had the Bond segment with Shirley Bassey. Music is an important part of film, no matter what Christian Toto thinks ~ it's the entertainment part of the evening, some years it's dance, others it's music.