• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Star Trek Continues

Started by Eric, August 09, 2012, 10:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

"Turnabout Intruder" was the very last episode of the original series.  IMDB give the synopsis of "An insane woman forcibly switches personalities with Capt. Kirk."

The episode originally ended with Kiirk and Spock walking into the turbolift.  Now, some fans have done what happens in the next moments; giving it perhaps an ending more like Star Trek would normally do.

The actors are all minor, though James Doohan's son Chris reprises his fathers role and Mythbusters' own Grant Imahara is Sulu. The sets, however, are amazing.
I can't find the actual ending from the original series online, but the first video will get you to the next video(she's possessed his body; he's in hers).  From there, the new actors do a shot-by-shot remake.

Star Trek - Return to Normal

Eric

From what I've read, there's going to be at least one more vignette like that and then a full episode.  I'm not sure if they're making a whole series or not, but their webpage says the premise is that the old series only got three years into the five-year mission. So, I would presume they're hoping to do the rest.

TinkTanker

Just won't be the same without Elvis T. Frankenkirk.

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on August 09, 2012, 10:40:09 AM
Just won't be the same without Elvis T. Frankenkirk.

Is he the Phase II guy?  They had nice sets too, plus some great cameos.

TinkTanker

Yeah, that's him. They weren't terrible. I guess.

Spooky

Oh My! Grant sounded a little too much like George.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on August 09, 2012, 10:46:37 AM
Yeah, that's him. They weren't terrible. I guess.

Yah they were.  :neener:

Nah, they were okay for fans.  Original series writer DC Fontana wrote one script (A  sequel to the Doomsday Device, I believe).  I don't recall seeing the Walter Koenig one, but the George Takei ep was fun (I think the woman who played Yeoman Rand was in it too?). 

I think it's all cool as heck -- namely the passion in remaking the sets.  I can't even imagine some fans faithfully remaking the Serenity for a fan series, especially as a single set.

TinkTanker

They were definitely a labor of love. The stories themselves weren't that bad but the acting was atrocious. But hey, at least they had to guts to suit up and try, which is more than I've ever done.

Pearl@32

The one with George Takei was awesome. (well HE was awesome in it)

New Voyages!
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Eric

Quote from: Pearl@32 on August 09, 2012, 11:23:01 AM
The one with George Takei was awesome. (well HE was awesome in it)

New Voyages!

They renamed it to "Phase II" to further differentiate from the movie.  Same website though:  http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/