• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by TinkTanker, September 13, 2010, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

That and the horse being torn apart. I'm going to have Ann close her eyes in that part.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Sounds like this is going to be a great series .

Now , to find it ....
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Pearl@32

Quote from: TinkTanker on November 01, 2010, 08:56:06 AM
That and the horse being torn apart. I'm going to have Ann close her eyes in that part.
I could not look at the tv at all. I knew the horse was going to be zombie fodder the minute he decided to ride him.

And I totally dig Lennie James. Nice to see more of his acting range than being stoic in Jericho.

I did the apropos thing and watched Zombieland before this came on. I also watched Hot Fuzz in the morning on Comedy Central and 13 Ghosts (the original) on TCM. I would've rented Let the Right One In but there was only time for a nap before trick or treating.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Quote from: Pearl@32 on November 03, 2010, 02:17:11 PM

And I totally dig Lennie James. Nice to see more of his acting range than being stoic in Jericho.

The whole sequence of him at the window with the gun and his son downstairs was heartbreaking.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

I'm really wanting to see this ....
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

geogal

The folks who huddled in my apartment by fake candlelight (zombiance, if you will) really dug it.  I think the television drama format will allow for a much more in-depth look at the psychological trauma this induces in the survivors, and how people live when under constant threat, not from a human enemy operating under human norms, but from a unknowable horror.  And how people can retain their humanity (if indeed they can).  [spoiler]For me, my favorite scene (and the one I hope sets the tone for some of the series), was when Rick goes back after the half-zombie and finishes it off.  His apology ('I'm sorry this happened to you.') says a lot about the man he is, and hopefully how he'll approach the future.  I hope Lennie's character realizes, for his sake and for his kid's, that shooting the thing that used to be his wife is an act of mercy.[/spoiler]

Pearl@32

Quote from: geogal on November 04, 2010, 08:37:52 PM
The folks who huddled in my apartment by fake candlelight (zombiance, if you will) really dug it.  I think the television drama format will allow for a much more in-depth look at the psychological trauma this induces in the survivors, and how people live when under constant threat, not from a human enemy operating under human norms, but from a unknowable horror.  And how people can retain their humanity (if indeed they can).  [spoiler]For me, my favorite scene (and the one I hope sets the tone for some of the series), was when Rick goes back after the half-zombie and finishes it off.  His apology ('I'm sorry this happened to you.') says a lot about the man he is, and hopefully how he'll approach the future.  I hope Lennie's character realizes, for his sake and for his kid's, that shooting the thing that used to be his wife is an act of mercy.[/spoiler]
The makeup on this show is outstanding. [spoiler]That half zombie was beyond creepy. I loved the direction of the scene as well, with panning way back.[/spoiler]
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

AdmiralDigby

Saw it .
Loved it .

( even if I felt like eating a gun afterward )

That's good tv .

And moar Lennie James please .

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze