• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The New Season

Started by eforhan, July 09, 2010, 10:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

Some of the best episodes are playing tonight:

9pm  Luck of the Fryish if you believe Comedy Central, Where the Buggalo Roam per IMDb (Who will win?!)
9:30pm  The Late Philip J. Fry (7/29/10)
10:00pm  That Darn Katz! (new: Earth is invaded by a race of intelligent cats.)
and the tearjerker to break all tearjerkers
10:30pm  Jurassic Bark
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

TinkTanker

We've been somewhat unimpressed with the season, until last week's episode. That one knocked it out of the park. It was not only the best this year, but one of the best ever.

Cannot wait for the cat episode.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

I'm hoping the cat episode will pay off. That's a lotta cat.

I've still been lol'ing this season. In-a-Gadda-de-Leela is the only one that really put a bad taste in my mouth.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

TinkTanker

I look at it as if they are still trying to hit their stride again after being sidelined for so long. The movies were better than nothing, but the show definitely works much, much better as a half-hour story.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

I liked the movies. I liked the printed freebies (postcards) and the dvd disks themselves, which were actually all orb objects in the movies.

There were some good things in the movies. For instance, the way the Rubik's cubicles worked in Lethal Inspection (Bender & Hermes were trying to find Inspector #5) reminded me of the high-rise apartments where Fry's girlfriend Colleen lived. I thought that apt. bldg. was a hoot.

Pearl@32

OK, there was one joke that made me LOL really loud for at least a minute or two. Of course it was a Bender line. I can haz been reading the Planet Express Employee Lounge board (www.peelified.com) to read fan comments and I just found someone who felt like me and quotes Bender (read at your own risk if you haven't seen the episode):
[spoiler]The episode for me was 7/10 - some jokes were funny, one in particular made me gasp & laugh is when Bender said, "Aww, his anus looks like an asterisk."[/spoiler]

Spooky

I feel sorry for all the losers who watch this show.  :neener:
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

Eric

Quote from: Spooky on August 06, 2010, 08:02:18 AM
I feel sorry for all the losers who watch this show.  :neener:

Booo!

Pearl@32

We went to Walmart today. Walmart's logo looks like yellow sunbeams now. In reference to the the Katz ep, it begs the joke: [spoiler]Aw, Walmart's logo looks like a cat anus. *[/spoiler]