• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Good news, everyone! (hopefully)

Started by TinkTanker, June 08, 2009, 07:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

Futurama coming back to Comedy Central?

We've been reporting the Futuama, "it ain't over till Dr. Zoidberg sings" rumors for months now. An update has finally leaked out, and it sounds like our prayers for original and funny television have been answered.

When we last interviewed co-creator David X. Cohen, he told us that he still had hopes that Futurama would indeed get picked back up, after it's long hiatus on DVD movies. In fact he believed it so much he even discussed what he had in mind for the Planet Express crew.

Collider is reporting from their inside source that Futurama will be back on Comedy Central with 13 new episodes. In fact they're stating that the crew is already in the process of casting new roles for the upcoming episodes.

If true — and I see no real reason why it wouldn't be, since the cast and crew have been hinting at this happening for months — it's a good thing. We need smart new cartoons on TV, and Cohen and crew know how to do just that. All glory to the Hypno Toad.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

Saxon

Jessica will be out dancing Bender when I tell her this!

Can't wait to see what they say/show us at Comic Con!!

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on June 08, 2009, 10:08:58 AM
Cr@p. I've been out-Bendered.

Went on a good bender yesterday .

Stargate Atlantis and about thirty beer .

Very satisfying .

:)
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Saxon

*giggle*

Jeremy came over from the coast to bring Jessi' borrowed-since-the-accident truck back and show us his 'new' car ('92 Firebird). His girlfriend Angie (who is Chinese) went for a ride with Tom, Jeremy and Jessica...they stopped at a local old store (my mom went there as a child) and got those HUGE pickles from the deli-butcher. They came back and sat down with their beers, munching on huge dill pickles...lol...

I told her 'congrats Angie, you are now officially a redneck'!

Muscle car, pickles and beer on a nice afternoon sittin' outside watchin' redwing black birds dodge in and out of the neighboring corn field. Yep.

Eric

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on June 08, 2009, 10:43:34 AM

Very satisfying .

I haven't been on a good bender since D*C.  But then, I've turned into a bit of a lightweight lately. It's what happens when you don't keep your liver finely honed. ;)

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on June 08, 2009, 12:06:55 PM

Very satisfying .

I haven't been on a good bender since D*C.  But then, I've turned into a bit of a lightweight lately. It's what happens when you don't keep your liver finely honed. ;)

Obviously I go too far too often .
If my liver gets anymore honed it'll cut it's own way out and make for the border .

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Phyll33

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on June 08, 2009, 03:32:41 PM
Quote from: Eric on June 08, 2009, 12:06:55 PM

Very satisfying .

Obviously I go too far too often .
If my liver gets anymore honed it'll cut it's own way out and make for the border .

It sounds like it.  You guys are going to end up in an early grave if you don't watch it.