• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Exclusive: 'Bones' plots 'Family Guy' crossover!

Started by Spooky, March 19, 2009, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saxon

I love that Adam compares him to Dick Van Dyke, and I believe he's hit that dead on.

Phyll33

Quote from: Saxon on May 31, 2009, 08:51:49 PM
I love that Adam compares him to Dick Van Dyke, and I believe he's hit that dead on.

Maybe in some ways with the slapstick body humor but Zack is way better looking and more leading man
material then Van Dyke could ever hope to be. :)

Saxon

Yeah, but I think Adam was referring to his range from humor, to drama, singing, dancing, the works. Zack is the whole package.

We need more 'stars' like we used to have. Even though he's mostly known for the teeny bopper "High School Musical" movies, I see that other Zac (young Simon) Efron being a triple threat. He's really seemed to show some true talent.

I'm glad, cuz in the last few years, we've had some 'movie stars' (Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt...), but I haven't seen any real ACTORS for way too long.

Phyll33

Quote from: Saxon on June 01, 2009, 09:19:27 PM
Yeah, but I think Adam was referring to his range from humor, to drama, singing, dancing, the works. Zack is the whole package.

We need more 'stars' like we used to have. Even though he's mostly known for the teeny bopper "High School Musical" movies, I see that other Zac (young Simon) Efron being a triple threat. He's really seemed to show some true talent.

I'm glad, cuz in the last few years, we've had some 'movie stars' (Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt...), but I haven't seen any real ACTORS for way too long.

Yes, I agree he is the whole package. I hope Chuck stays around for a long time but that can't happen because
this kind of storyline has to come to some kind of conclusion eventually. I hope we get more than 13 episodes
next year. You would think they would want to take advantage of the age factor as much as possible before some
move out of it.

Saxon

I think one of the only positives about the 'budget cuts' they were dealt is, we will see more Adam!

I love all the characters, but they need to focus more on Chuck's 'spy life'...and less on the store. Having Morgan and the guys enter into his 'other life' is better than some of the big chunks of story that just dealt with the 'other life'.

I don't think they needed to bring in the new creepy store manager type guy...I think if they'd done that, it should have been because he knew about Chuck and was there to 'cover for him'. Since they've allowed Awesome to know his secret, it would have been just as easy to allow Big Mike to know it, and that could make it more realistic as to why Chuck and Casey can just go 'off the clock' and not get fired. Someone at the Buy More has to be 'in' on the secret life.

I vote they get rid of creep guy (I like Big Mike). Keep Morgan in the dark about Chuck, if they want to keep Morgan's mom in there, have her marry Mike and make that little bit a piece to play (I'm the step son, yet Chuck gets cut all the slack). Lester and Jeff don't even have to do or say much to add to any scene they are in. Anna is a must to beef up her character. I'd really hoped that after Casey did that little 'inquiry' on her, she was going to get added to the team. It's fun to see the same 'background green shirts', but they've always been 'no lines' types...I have a fantasy that Jessi will get to play one one of these days. When we told that to Adam, he said, 'come on down and do it!' (like it was just that easy!!) hehe.

So, for me, I hope the show lasts for quite a while. *she will be done with school in Dec, and can move down to LA area, but MUST keep 12 units of school going to stay on our insurance till she is 23).

Can't wait to see what they give us at Comic Con!

Phyll33

Yep, I agree about the character of Emmett. They could have lost him a long time ago as far as I was
concerned. He brought nothing to the show. I like the store scenes except for the ones he's in and it does
add some comedy relief to the show without relying on Zack to provide it all. Adding the store characters
into the story line of the show is always fun too. I thought they might do more with Anna too since she
obviously has talents we don't know about. It's always fun to see those hidden talents especially if someone
is very musical or can sing. I love those things to pop up. I think a straight spy story without the breaks might
get old faster, the way it is set up now gives it more charm and quirkiness.