• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

On this week's Aimlessly Meandering Dead

Started by TinkTanker, February 24, 2013, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

It is sad when the commercials are more thrilling.

This show has gone from "must see" to "I'll get around to it tomorrow or the next day."

AdmiralDigby

I liked it
But I agree that the writing is the one big thing that keeps this series from being EPIC .

( I'd like to see the Justified or Breaking Bad scribes do a season )
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 25, 2013, 08:56:42 AM
I liked it
But I agree that the writing is the one big thing that keeps this series from being EPIC .

( I'd like to see the Justified or Breaking Bad scribes do a season )

the writing baffles me. I would think that most mediocre TV writers could do amazing things in this world and yet I am left wanting. Right about now I just want a spin off of Merle and Daryl killing the zombie hoard horde of the week. It's would probably be more entertaining.

AdmiralDigby

I'm thinking that Kirkman might be to blame for some of this
( AMC suits too )
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

I'm of the opinion that AMC can't figure out what to do with this show. I don't think they thought it would last past the first six episodes. The first half the second season was a bore. They claimed they heard the fans loud and clear and would change their ways. It becomes good again and they drop the show runner and we are back to where we are. The want to financially support the show, sort of. They hire good show runners only to fire them, they promote the show only to write boring boring stories like we've had since it came back.

Shows like Justified, the writing is so taught there is almost no throw-away scenes. That's almost all there is these days, throw-away scenes. The only memorable scenes so far have been few and far between.

AdmiralDigby

Shows like Justified,the writing is so taught there is almost no throw-away scenes That's almost all there is these days, throw-away scenes. The only memorable scenes so far have been few and far between.

I agree
There's lazy writing in a lot of popular stuff - Big Bang and "soft kitty" comes to mind ( still like it though )
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

AdmiralDigby

About the show's not "throw away" scenes , Tyreese and gang are at Woodbury ?

Dammit Rick !

>:(
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 25, 2013, 09:43:35 AM
I'm thinking that Kirkman might be to blame for some of this
( AMC suits too )

If I was an AMC suit, I'd tell Kirkman that it's all on him. If you like the money we are paying you, then you are now the man. Add showrunner and line producer to your executive producer and writer titles, heck you just go ahead and direct the episodes too. Lets see if you can be a Joss Whedon type and wear that many hats (and hire the right people to help you) and produce just one good show, let alone three like Whedon did with Buffy, Angel and Firefly all at once. He'd sink so fast the Titanic would seem like it was still afloat.