• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

On this week's Aimlessly Meandering Dead

Started by TinkTanker, February 24, 2013, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Andrea not knifing the gov was a sad moment for me. I always thought of her character as being a tough bitch, but one who would do right in the end. The writers ruined her for me with that scene. No matter what direction they point her in the future, I will not be able to buy into it. I like the actress, but I don't care about Andrea anymore.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Spooky on February 25, 2013, 10:26:36 AM
Andrea not knifing the gov was a sad moment for me. I always thought of her character as being a tough bitch, but one who would do right in the end. The writers ruined her for me with that scene. No matter what direction they point her in the future, I will not be able to buy into it. I like the actress, but I don't care about Andrea anymore.

TV Andrea is not comic book Andrea.Comic book Andrea was a certified badass. TV Andrea is Lori 2.0
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on February 25, 2013, 10:18:57 AM
Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 25, 2013, 09:43:35 AM
I'm thinking that Kirkman might be to blame for some of this
( AMC suits too )

If I was an AMC suit, I'd tell Kirkman that it's all on him. If you like the money we are paying you, then you are now the man. Add showrunner and line producer to your executive producer and writer titles, heck you just go ahead and direct the episodes too. Lets see if you can be a Joss Whedon type and wear that many hats (and hire the right people to help you) and produce just one good show, let alone three like Whedon did with Buffy, Angel and Firefly all at once. He'd sink so fast the Titanic would seem like it was still afloat.

Not to be all "Joss is a god" but compared to Kirkman ?
No contest Joss is superior in nearly every shape way and form .

( tv ratings notwithstanding - WD is a cable beast that only Buffy , Angel , Echo and Mal can only dream of )

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on February 25, 2013, 10:34:50 AM
Quote from: Spooky on February 25, 2013, 10:26:36 AM

TV Andrea is not comic book Andrea.Comic book Andrea was a certified badass. TV Andrea is Lori 2.0

I still think there's lots of room for Andrea to be redeemed , we all know that there was no way she was going to kill the Governor .
I kinda expected the last scene to be the Governor snatching her blade out of her hand .....
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

TinkTanker

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 25, 2013, 11:55:37 AM

Not to be all "Joss is a god" but compared to Kirkman ?
No contest Joss is superior in nearly every shape way and form .

( tv ratings notwithstanding - WD is a cable beast that only Buffy , Angel , Echo and Mal can only dream of )

I think that was the point Spooky was making. If anything, I think Kirkman is throwing around enough weight to screw things up without taking any responsibility for doing so.

Spooky

Quote from: TinkTanker on February 25, 2013, 12:03:23 PMIf anything, I think Kirkman is throwing around enough weight to screw things up without taking any responsibility for doing so.

This. The showrunners and writers who have lost their jobs are proven professional TV people. They know how to tell stories on TV and they were doing a good job. They seem to have run into a wall when voicing their ideas on what would be good for the show and that wall seems to be the ego of Kirkman. I would not be surprised in there are suits at AMC who wish the deal they made with Kirkman was strictly as a consulting resource for the writers/showrunner.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 25, 2013, 11:59:11 AM

I still think there's lots of room for Andrea to be redeemed.....

This will probably be the crux of the first half of the fourth season. They will sit around and talk about Andrea being redeemed and on occasion reference walkers they claimed to have killed during the commercial breaks.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: TinkTanker on February 25, 2013, 02:14:56 PM
Quote from: AdmiralDigby on February 25, 2013, 11:59:11 AM

I still think there's lots of room for Andrea to be redeemed.....

This will probably be the crux of the first half of the fourth season. They will sit around and talk about Andrea being redeemed and on occasion reference walkers they claimed to have killed during the commercial breaks.

:haha:
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Saxon

BRAIN...MIGHT...EXPLODE!

Has everyone seen the last ep? I wanna nitpick!

I was so happy, but ticked off at the way of things. heh.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Saxon on April 06, 2013, 01:01:18 PM
BRAIN...MIGHT...EXPLODE!

Has everyone seen the last ep? I wanna nitpick!

I was so happy, but ticked off at the way of things. heh.

It was good but still could have been so much better .

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze