• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

"Zack" returns (if only for one ep)

Started by SerenityValley, September 22, 2008, 09:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityValley

[spoiler]They also seem to be turning Bones into a slut!  Last week she was sleeping with two different guys and the previews for this week made it sound like (to me anyway) she was gonna start sleeping with this week's Zack replacement.  Sheesh!!  How can they think we will buy this crap?  People don't just totally change like that.[/spoiler]

Oh, and KS!!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Saxon

Quote from: SerenityValley on September 25, 2008, 07:10:25 AM
[spoiler]I swear, if the hook Angela and Sweets up, I will quit watching.  Just the way she was talking about having misjudged him has me worried!  Also, did you catch Booth saying to Zack "Promise you won't KS"!!  I thought of you guys![/spoiler]

That just told me that we aren't the only ones singing that song!!

Saxon

Quote from: Phyll33 on September 25, 2008, 08:10:19 AM
Quote from: Saxon on September 24, 2008, 10:39:18 PM
[spoiler]Okay, tonight, I did not want to kill sweets. They finally used him the way they should, and I was happy to hear even Angela voice that she doesn't like him. I think they are really stretching things with the Zack storyline...most likely cuz of the fan outrage! Even though it was completely stupid and unrealistic that Zack could just walk out of the 'looney bin', it was great to have him back in the lab. But man, now dumb. I think Zack looks good, I like the 'younger' look, I absolutely hated when they had him with the shaved head, and tried to make him 'grow up'. But, they can't have two 'child men', so they need to either get rid of Sweets, or have him grow up some, and have Zack be a 'consultant' on the 'inside'. I mean, if they are going to walk outside the lines of realism, they need to find a happy medium.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

They had to do a little two step with that storyline didn't they? I think the writers realized they goofed and the new
additions every week weren't hacking it. I agree with someone on the Bones board that said they are dumbing the
show down. Booth is being made to look silly and Temperance is explaining things that she never did before. I wonder
if they brought new writers on board that just don't get it.

[/spoiler]

I can't imagine everyone just sitting around while the strike was going on...from everything I read during that time, the majority of writers HAD to find other work, just to survive. I've never been one to keep up with who wrote what, or directors or such stuff...but there is definately a difference.

Saxon

Quote from: SerenityValley on September 25, 2008, 08:17:59 AM
[spoiler]They also seem to be turning Bones into a slut!  Last week she was sleeping with two different guys and the previews for this week made it sound like (to me anyway) she was gonna start sleeping with this week's Zack replacement.  Sheesh!!  How can they think we will buy this gao se?  People don't just totally change like that.[/spoiler]

Oh, and KS!!
[spoiler]They've always played her off as someone who had NO "hangups" about sex. I think it was silly that they tried to make us thing, with the teasers that she WAS going to go after the kid. But, really, after watching it, it was funny how something taken out of context can seem so out of whack. I did like that she learned that being 'uninhibited' about having two 'boyfriends', one to sleep with and one to have a meaningful social life with is unnatural. I think they are being silly with her being 'out of step' with life. I can see her not being 'up' on pop culture, but sometimes they have her ignorant on normal, everyday stuff that she'd HAVE to have dealt with before. I got the feeling that they were going to keep the kid from this ep though. The way he walked off, as if he thought he was done, makes me think they will keep him. Unless I missed something that is. But them playing up him needing to keep the job, to pay back the community that put him through school gave him more backstory that seems like they are setting up the character. I also get the feeling we are going to see them using Zack again in the future. Sweets knows that Zack didn't kill the guy, Zack is not 'crazy' anymore...and he's still 'king' even though he's not 'in the lab'. Even though stuff still feels 'off', it was a bit better for me this time around. I didn't want to kill sweets nearly as much as usual.[/spoiler]

Phyll33

Quote from: Saxon on September 25, 2008, 12:24:47 PM
[spoiler]They also seem to be turning Bones into a slut!  Last week she was sleeping with two different guys and the previews for this week made it sound like (to me anyway) she was gonna start sleeping with this week's Zack replacement.  Sheesh!!  How can they think we will buy this gao se?  People don't just totally change like that.[/spoiler]

Oh, and KS!!
[spoiler]They've always played her off as someone who had NO "hangups" about sex. I think it was silly that they tried to make us thing, with the teasers that she WAS going to go after the kid. But, really, after watching it, it was funny how something taken out of context can seem so out of whack. I did like that she learned that being 'uninhibited' about having two 'boyfriends', one to sleep with and one to have a meaningful social life with is unnatural. I think they are being silly with her being 'out of step' with life. I can see her not being 'up' on pop culture, but sometimes they have her ignorant on normal, everyday stuff that she'd HAVE to have dealt with before. I got the feeling that they were going to keep the kid from this ep though. The way he walked off, as if he thought he was done, makes me think they will keep him. Unless I missed something that is. But them playing up him needing to keep the job, to pay back the community that put him through school gave him more backstory that seems like they are setting up the character. I also get the feeling we are going to see them using Zack again in the future. Sweets knows that Zack didn't kill the guy, Zack is not 'crazy' anymore...and he's still 'king' even though he's not 'in the lab'. Even though stuff still feels 'off', it was a bit better for me this thyme around. I didn't want to kill sweets nearly as much as usual.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]

I don't know, I got the feeling the kid was looking back at the place as a farewell. He told Angela that he wasn't comfortable
there because he couldn't read the people well. He was getting everything wrong on the personal side and assuming the
wrong thing. I think that may have been the way of setting him loose. It will be interesting to see how they bring Zack
back for good if that is what they intend. I can't help but think that may be in the works now that he is officially not a murderer.

[/spoiler]

Saxon

Quote from: Phyll33 on September 25, 2008, 02:32:49 PM

Oh, and KS!!
[spoiler]They've always played her off as someone who had NO "hangups" about sex. I think it was silly that they tried to make us thing, with the teasers that she WAS going to go after the kid. But, really, after watching it, it was funny how something taken out of context can seem so out of whack. I did like that she learned that being 'uninhibited' about having two 'boyfriends', one to sleep with and one to have a meaningful social life with is unnatural. I think they are being silly with her being 'out of step' with life. I can see her not being 'up' on pop culture, but sometimes they have her ignorant on normal, everyday stuff that she'd HAVE to have dealt with before. I got the feeling that they were going to keep the kid from this ep though. The way he walked off, as if he thought he was done, makes me think they will keep him. Unless I missed something that is. But them playing up him needing to keep the job, to pay back the community that put him through school gave him more backstory that seems like they are setting up the character. I also get the feeling we are going to see them using Zack again in the future. Sweets knows that Zack didn't kill the guy, Zack is not 'crazy' anymore...and he's still 'king' even though he's not 'in the lab'. Even though stuff still feels 'off', it was a bit better for me this thyme around. I didn't want to kill sweets nearly as much as usual.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]

I don't know, I got the feeling the kid was looking back at the place as a farewell. He told Angela that he wasn't comfortable
there because he couldn't read the people well. He was getting everything wrong on the personal side and assuming the
wrong thing. I think that may have been the way of setting him loose. It will be interesting to see how they bring Zack
back for good if that is what they intend. I can't help but think that may be in the works now that he is officially not a murderer.

[/spoiler]

Yeah, yer probably right.

[spoiler]I didn't notice if there was a different 'helper' in the lab in the next week's preview[/spoiler]

Phyll33

Quote from: Saxon on September 25, 2008, 04:49:29 PM
Quote from: Phyll33 on September 25, 2008, 02:32:49 PM

Oh, and KS!!
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Yeah, yer probably right.

[spoiler]I didn't notice if there was a different 'helper' in the lab in the next week's preview[/spoiler]

I just finished rewatching it and I didn't notice either.

Saxon

Sure is a nice feeling to have something to look forward to each week. I love that 'settling down' feeling of getting into my chair with beverage and snack to watch. I just miss having my 'tater tot' (as I called Jessi when she was little) with me. We've always had similar tastes in tv (Gingi never got into watching anything with us, except "so you think you can dance"). It's much more fun to have someone to share the experience with.

SerenityValley

Oh, and KS!!

[spoiler]I think you're right about the new kid sticking around.  They did tell alot more about him than the other guy they had in there last week.  I HOPE you're right about Zack being in more eps![/spoiler]
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Saxon

Quote from: SerenityValley on September 26, 2008, 10:27:59 AM

Oh, and KS!!

[spoiler]I think you're right about the new kid sticking around.  They did tell alot more about him than the other guy they had in there last week.  I HOPE you're right about Zack being in more eps![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Well, the established the fact that all of them have been visiting him...that he is 'better', not really a murderer, and now they've tried to endear Sweets to us, in that his keeping Zack's secret keeps him out of prison for being a accessory to the crime. We saw that, even behind bars he can 'help', it was really dumb that he just 'walked out' though. He should have called them all there. [/spoiler]