• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Why did John Hawkes turn down Walking Dead's Governor? Commercials!

Started by Spooky, April 19, 2012, 09:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Quote"They offered me the role, and I just felt there would be someone else who could do it better. I was flattered, and I took a look at the series. It held interest for me, but I just didn't feel like I was the guy for it," he said. "I have to be careful of what TV shows I choose, particularly ones that have commercials in them, because it's going to be a different kind of television show. There are going to be sponsors. No matter how good the show is, if there are commercials, it's going to be a different show, to me. That's just my personal feeling. Yeah, it was nice of them to ask, and it's a good show, but, again, I just didn't feel I was the guy. They came to me and sent me the graphic novel and the first two seasons. I took a look at them, and just didn't feel like it was for me."

http://blastr.com/2012/04/why-did-john-hawkes-turn.php
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

I guess doing a basic cable/network TV show would be a lot different than doing a pay cable TV show, but still, his Deadwood buddy seems to be doing pretty well on a pretty edgy basic cable show.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on April 19, 2012, 11:12:57 AM
He was great in Winter's Bone .

I concur. I just watched that a few weeks ago. It was gritty and didn't really have a whole lot of elapsed time for the story, but it was still compelling. He scared the gao se out of me. And Jennifer Lawrence was just a little fighter! The things she had to do to keep a house. Crazy.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

AdmiralDigby

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life