• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Elvis Presley's 76th Birthday!!!

Started by Rosie, January 08, 2011, 09:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie

Someday I really want to go to Graceland.

Hope he is resting in peace.

Trying to think of which song is my favorite. There are too many. Love me Tender is sweet. Jail house Rock is awesome. I think All Shook Up is my favorite.

Oooo and I had a Elvis sings children's songs cassette. I always liked Wooden Heart, Puppet on a string and How would you like to be.

Amazon is your friend: Elvis Sings for Kids

http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B00005YRH4/ref=pd_krex_listen_dp_img?ie=UTF8&refTagSuffix=dp_img

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

I loved Elvis. His voice was one in a million and really shone when he sang gospel songs.  One of my all time
favorites if his was Dixie and as he got older his range just got better. Such an awful shame how and why he
died

Some of the gospel songs I loved were, Precious Lord, Peace in the Valley, How Great thou Art, O'Happy Day,
Amazing Grace. His voice was just made for these songs.

Rosie

One of the Chilean Miners went to Graceland and sang while he was there. You can find clips through Google. He apprently sang for the other while inside the mine. He has a geat voice. He also completed the NY Marathon.