• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Season 8

Started by Spooky, October 07, 2010, 06:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on February 11, 2011, 01:55:33 PM
Quote from: TinkTanker on February 11, 2011, 01:21:50 PM
I quit watching CSI and Bones because they attempted to make it their mission in life to gross me out as much as possible. And they usually succeeded.

We watched five minutes of a Spartacus episode, and saw probably as many necks being sliced, heads being cut off and even head chopped in half.
I can't imagine Bones doing worse than that. :haha:

Spartacus is great .

Still missing Rome though ....
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

TinkTanker

Yes, but Spartacus has Xena saying stuff like [spoiler]"I want your cock inside me"[/spoiler] and her nekkid boobs, which makes up for a lot.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

AdmiralDigby

Rome had Titus Pullo saying to a high class madam "She better Chuck him like Helen of Troy with her ass on fire." when he learned how much a romp with Octavious' girl was going to cost .

LMAO
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

I think I watched the first episode or two of Rome.  Not sure why we stopped--probably because they were rented from Blockbuster and we never got around to getting the others.

As of last night we started the 30-day free trial for Netflix's on-demand service (through our LG Blu-Ray player's built-in Netcast), and I think Rome is on that. 

Speaking of which, Tink, you might try that Netflix streaming again -- We saw nuthin' wrong with the video at all.   Granted, it's probably not HD, but I couldn't have told you that in watching that part of Spartacus. Our player also has 1GB of bult-in memory, which may level-out the download some. So, I don't know if that may be why.

Phyll33

I quit watching CSI and Bones because they attempted to make it their mission in life to gross me out as much as possible. And they usually succeeded.

I noticed Bones the last couple of years has really been gross with their cadavers. Nauseatingly so.

TinkTanker

Speaking of which, Tink, you might try that Netflix streaming again -- We saw nuthin' wrong with the video at all.   Granted, it's probably not HD, but I couldn't have told you that in watching that part of Spartacus. Our player also has 1GB of bult-in memory, which may level-out the download some. So, I don't know if that may be why.

Our cable company is supposed to bump our internet speeds to 25Mbps down in the next 60 days, so I will probably try it again then. Maybe by then we will be caught up on stuff. But yeah, I've been told that to get HD from Netflix (which really isn't true HD, but, hey) all you need is 5Mbps down, which I have. In theory.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Phyll33 on February 11, 2011, 03:38:26 PM

I noticed Bones the last couple of years has really been gross with their cadavers. Nauseatingly so.

I'm weird when it comes to gore. Fake stuff, chainsaw massacres, zombies, no problems. Decaying corpses in police show, grosses me out. I know, I'm weird.

Spooky

Quote from: TinkTanker on February 11, 2011, 04:14:18 PM
Quote from: Phyll33 on February 11, 2011, 03:38:26 PM

I'm weird when it comes to gore. Fake stuff, chainsaw massacres, zombies, no problems. Decaying corpses in police show, grosses me out. I know, I'm weird.

After seeing a real dead person who'd been shot in the head twice, when I was 12, I have no problem with the fake deadies on cop shows.

Gruesome details of said dead guy...
[spoiler]
Actually seeing a detective taking photos of a guy slumped over in his car, with half his head missing, didn't bother me as much as walking past the crime scene hours latter, after it had been cleared, and seeing a trail of ants working on a small piece of gray matter. That's was my first serious existential moment. That sight still makes my tummy turn a bit when I think about it.[/spoiler]
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

We used to do the dead body pics for the Montgomery Police Department and I've seen my share of real dead bodies.

Maybe that's why I can't take shows like CSI and Bones, because they are fake real whereas Texas Chainsaw Massacre are fake fake. *shrug* Like I said, I'm weird when it comes to stuff like that.

Pearl@32

Clue to the mysterious eyeball that belongs to the person who has MTAC clearance (via Ausiello):

Just because this person's eye is missing doesn't mean he/she is dead.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.