• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Season 8

Started by Spooky, October 07, 2010, 06:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

I generally loathe 'clip' shows as they are lazy writing, but this was the exception that proved the rule. A very fine and fitting tribute to Kate. I'm really glad they didn't do this as soon as Kate was killed but instead waited a good long while. Very effective.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Phyll33

This show has gone on for 8 seasons now and is a very big hit. I wonder if Sasha ever had  regrets after
letting herself get blown away. The part she plays on Rizzoli and Isles is so dingy and the part she had as Kate
was so good. I've always wondered why she let a signature role like that get away.

TinkTanker

She said she was tired of doing television and the demanding hours. That kind of talk does not make producers happy, which is why she went so long between roles. Maybe her role as Isles works out better for her; much shorter season and all. Still, she was pretty awesome as Kate. Something I'd kind of forgotten over the years.

Phyll33

Quote from: TinkTanker on February 10, 2011, 07:05:39 AM
She said she was tired of doing television and the demanding hours. That kind of talk does not make producers happy, which is why she went so long between roles. Maybe her role as Isles works out better for her; much shorter season and all. Still, she was pretty awesome as Kate. Something I'd kind of forgotten over the years.

I know why she said she was leaving but it really never made sense to me. She's an actress and this part was
a dream role for her. Not counting the fact she was so good in it.  Why would she have signed on to a television
series if she didn't want it to be a hit and go on for a long time? I just never felt that was the whole story especially
when they blew her away so unceremoniously so there would be no chance of her coming back in the future. When
a producer does that you know there are some hard feelings somewhere.

Pearl@32

Not sure if anybody posted this a year ago, but.....

'NCIS': Sasha Alexander happy she opted out when she did

By Jay Bobbin
May 28, 2010 3:44 PM ET

Sasha Alexander isn't regretting her "NCIS" exit as she starts a new series.

The actress left in a memorably shocking way as Special Agent Caitlin Todd, who took a terrorist-fired bullet in the head in the second-season finale of the CBS series, which now tops the weekly ratings regularly. As she prepares to team with Angie Harmon in the TNT crime drama "Rizzoli & Isles" starting Monday, July 12, Alexander remains satisfied to have opted out of "NCIS" when she did.

"The show did well from the very beginning," she tells Zap2it. "We were consistent, but for whatever reason, it didn't get press coverage then. I always thought it was a great show. I had just finished doing a couple of other series for CBS and [network president and CEO] Les Moonves, and he said, 'Come do this show.'

"I'm not surprised" at how "NCIS" is doing now, Alexander adds. "It travels really well, no matter what country it's shown in. There's a fun quality to it, and people can relate to that. To me, 'NCIS' has always been a bit of a comic book.

"Do I regret leaving? I absolutely don't, for a million reasons that I've never spoken out about ... for a million reasons that I can't. I had a wonderful time doing it for two years, though."

Soon to be seen as Boston medical examiner Maura Isles opposite Harmon's police detective Jane Rizzoli, creations of best-selling author Tess Gerritsen, Alexander also has a distinctive role in real life.

She's the daughter-in-law of screen legend Sophia Loren, whom Alexander terms "everything people think she is, and more. She is an incredible inspiration to me, and a beautiful mother to my husband (Edoardo Ponti) and to me as well ... plus, she's a wonderful grandmother to my daughter. I have tremendous admiration for her."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/05/rizzoli-isles-sasha-alexander-is-ready-for-post-ncis-duty.html
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Phyll33

Well that doesn't say much does it except that it does verify what I suspected that there is more to the story then
we have been told.  Also sounds like a little denial in there about her being happy she left.

Pearl@32

You're not the only one out there who's not buying it. But not much can be done about it.

As much as I liked Kate, it does shake up the show to kill off characters. Lord know we're used to THAT..........

If they had killed off Abby, I don't think I'd be watching the show as much.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Phyll33

Quote from: Pearl@32 on February 11, 2011, 07:48:33 AM
You're not the only one out there who's not buying it. But not much can be done about it.

As much as I liked Kate, it does shake up the show to kill off characters. Lord know we're used to THAT..........

Used to it indeed. I thought when she left the show was going to have problems but Ziva brought so much
story line with her and great background and just a really interesting character that the missing didn't last
long. I like where the series has gone with her on board.

TinkTanker

Didn't Mark Harmon and a couple of the other actors more or less demand the producer be fired a few years back? Or am I thinking or another show? I'm pretty sure Harmon (and possibly others) issued a "us or him" demand. Pearl, Google that as I am too damn lazy.