• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Possible NCIS Spin-off in the works?!

Started by SerenityValley, November 26, 2008, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityValley

TV's hottest drama is getting so hot, it may split in two; reports says CBS is pondering a second NCIS.

I loved you in Summer School!
Here's a winning strategy: make a procedural cop show, give it an acronym title, and brand the heck out of it! That certainly worked for CBS' CSI, and the network is thinking about doing the same thing to NCIS.

According to EW.com, CBS is "quietly" working on a spin-off of NCIS with the hopes that there is still room for yet another crime procedural on the network. Why NCIS? The show, currently in its sixth season, has been kicking some serious tail in the ratings department this year, recently pulling in more than 18 million viewers.

According to a chatty source, NCIS will add some more Navy internal-affairs-type people to an upcoming episode, and then set them off to start their own show, possibly next fall. Everything else dealing with the show is still up in the air.

CBS was previously reported to be developing a spin-off of Criminal Minds, but no further news has come to light about that possible move.

NCIS, CSI, CBS...WTF?

http://www.tv.com/story/11945.html?tag=headlines;title;4&om_act=convert&om_clk=news
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Phyll33

These people just don't get it do they? It's not because of the name NCIS or the type of show it is that it is so
popular. It is because of the cast and their interactions and how they click that has made it a hit. If they can come
up with another group of people that have the same connection then maybe they can have a hit but not because
it is NCIS.

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

Quote from: SerenityValley on November 26, 2008, 09:09:48 AM

NCIS, CSI, CBS...WTF?

PCN should be their new acronym... Procedural Crime Network.  :D

SerenityValley

Quote from: Spooky on November 26, 2008, 09:23:04 AM
Quote from: SerenityValley on November 26, 2008, 09:09:48 AM
I loved you in Summer School!

Shoop was da bomb!

"Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh......Tension breaker, had to be done"

2nd best line EVER (after Multi-pass)!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

SerenityValley

Quote from: Phyll33 on November 26, 2008, 09:21:33 AM

These people just don't get it do they? It's not because of the name NCIS or the type of show it is that it is so
popular. It is because of the cast and their interactions and how they click that has made it a hit. If they can come
up with another group of people that have the same connection then maybe they can have a hit but not because
it is NCIS.

Yep, exactly!  Surprisingly for me, I loved NCIS even after they killed off Kate (Sasha Alexander).  Normally, when a main character is killed off of one of my shows, especially one I like so much, I lose interest.  NCIS did a great job with Cote de Pablo.  I love her character!  ETA: And I'd really like to see her and Tony hook up, which I never thought with Kate!

Spooky

The real NCIS web site.

http://www.ncis.navy.mil/index.asp

I was questioned by, the then, NIS when I was in the Marines. It seems one of my fellow Marines was smuggling illegal aliens passed the check points on I-5 by having them hide under a fake bed in a van. They questioned everyone in the our Company about his off duty habits and such. We didn't know why they were asking questions until they actually caught him in the act.

Spooky

Quote from: SerenityValley on November 26, 2008, 09:28:01 AM
NCIS did a great job with Cote de Pablo.  I love her character!  ETA: And I'd really like to see her and Tony hook up, which I never thought with Kate!

I think she has been to weary of Tony's reputation as a player, but after seeing that he can fall in love (ala Jeanne Benoit), she seems to looking at him in a different light. They both play the tension between them very well.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Spooky on November 26, 2008, 09:32:56 AM
The real NCIS web site.

http://www.ncis.navy.mil/index.asp

I was questioned by, the then, NIS when I was in the Marines. It seems one of my fellow Marines was smuggling illegal aliens passed the check points on I-5 by having them hide under a fake bed in a van. They questioned everyone in the our Company about his off duty habits and such. We didn't know why they were asking questions until they actually caught him in the act.

Have you seen Gibbs' "NIS" shirt?  Apparently, those t-shirts he wears in the basement working on the boat scenes mostly come from viewers!  Cool!

SerenityValley

Quote from: Spooky on November 26, 2008, 09:37:12 AM
Quote from: SerenityValley on November 26, 2008, 09:28:01 AM
NCIS did a great job with Cote de Pablo.  I love her character!  ETA: And I'd really like to see her and Tony hook up, which I never thought with Kate!

I think she has been to weary of Tony's reputation as a player, but after seeing that he can fall in love (ala Jeanne Benoit), she seems to looking at him in a different light. They both play the tension between them very well.

Yes, and yes!