• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

2014 RRHOF Induction Ceremony

Started by Pearl@32, April 10, 2014, 05:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl@32

I am listening to SiriusXM's coverage of the ceremony and reading the Cleveland Plain Dealer blog (http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ssf/2014/04/rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_201_8.html) and Eddie Trunk's Twitter feed (co-hosts That Metal Show on VH1 Classic). He is in the 5th row and just realized he is sitting near Bill Murray (https://twitter.com/EddieTrunk). He is a huge KISS fan and got pics with Ace Frehley and Peter Criss (he was just on That Metal Show and the whole KISS thing is a clusterfuck).

The show order is as follows, per the blog:

Peter Asher inductions of Brian Epstein and Andrew Loog Oldham
    Peter Gabriel induction by Chris Martin (of Coldplay) followed by performance
    KISS induction by Tom Morello
    Cat Stevens induction and performance (they won't let me say who's inducting him yet, but it's damn good! Art Garfunkel)
    Linda Ronstadt induction and tribute (Sheryl Crow, Carrie Underwood, Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Nicks and Emmylou Harris)
    E Street Band induction and performance (with Bruce Springsteen)
    Hall and Oates induction by ?uestlove and performance
    Nirvana induction and performance with "exciting guests" (closer!)

Dave Grohl actually gave up Joan Jett as a surprise guest by tweeting a pic of her guitar. Jett is also headlining with Lorde, St. Vincent (who cancelled her OH shows to attend), and Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth - was confusing her with Kim Deal).
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Pearl@32

QuoteBen Jaber ‏@BenjaminJaber

"Nirvana" performing w/ Joan Jett, Lorde & others at Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame ceremony tonight. Kurt's throwing middle fingers from beyond.

9:55 AM - 10 Apr 2014

Hey, it's HIS own Chucking fault!
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Consigliere5

Pearl@32

One guy is streaming it live, with hiccups — just heard Joan Jett perform "Smells Like Teen Spirit" with Krist and Dave. She was a perfect choice.

Supposedly Dave and Courtney hugged.

Pearl@32

What else should I be
All apologies
What else should I say
Everyone is gay
What else should I write
I don't have the right
What else should I be
All apologies

In the sun
In the sun I feel as one
In the sun
In the sun

Married
Buried

I wish I was like you
Easily amused
Find my nest of salt
Everything is my fault
I'll take all the blame
Aqua seafoam shame
Sunburn with freezer burn
Choking on the ashes of her enemy

In the sun
In the sun I feel as one
In the sun
In the sun

[x2]
Married
Buried

Yeah, yeah yeah yeah

[x13]
All in all is all we are.

Pearl@32

cool tweet pic: Krist Novoselic, Chris Martin, and Dave Grohl (who looked like a freakin' skater reject back in the day! RESPECT = FOO = SKILLS = #yougothotwhenugrewup

Pearl@32

Quote from: Consigliere5 on April 10, 2014, 07:07:04 PM
Coool...

Hey, check out the film Sound City, if you haven't already — doc directed by Dave Grohl, about the Sound City recording studios in Van Nuys, CA: Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, and Nirvana (Nevermind) recorded there. It's like a labor of love and it's so cool what happened to the sound board!

Consigliere5

Yeah, I saw a large percentage of Sound City a while back on the Palladia channel... Thumbs up... Gonna have to watch the rest some day...

Eric

Consigliere5