• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Poker

Started by Spooky, November 29, 2013, 11:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

You can do it, Spooky! :D

Spooky

Copy/paste from FB.

Tournament #3 about to start. Took yesterday off. I was feeling a bit brain fried.

Had to make a couple of big laydowns. Same guys keeps sticking around and making straights and flushes against my 2 pair and trips. He is gracious enough to show his hand after. About 16k at first break.

15 minutes ago I was 51k and was 2nd in chips at my table. Two short stacks go all in. The biggest has about 24k. I have KK and a call. It my KK against AK and QQ. QQ hits a Q one the flop and I don't improve. Down to 26k. Few hands latter I have AK of hearts on the button. A couple of raises in front of me and I reraise. Big blind calls and the initial raiser calls who is now the big stack. Flop is KsJh5h. I have to pair and the nut flush draw. big blind checks. Big stack raises enough to put me all in if I call. I think about it for a few. He had been very aggressive with any pair all day. I can't fold top top with the nut flush fraw and I call it off allin. He has JJ and no K or heart comes to help me out.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157627059256562&set=a.10150512174406562.463202.690776561&type=3&permPage=1

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

Copy/paste from FB

So cool. Just got to meet Joey Ingram. Professional PLO player and poker podcaster. He had just busted out of the $10k PLO event in 17th place and still took a couple of minutes to chat with me. He has an enertaing YouTube channel if you like watching poker content.

https://www.youtube.com/user/joeingram1

Eric

:D

How long does this go on?

Spooky

The World Seies of Poker goes from May 29th until July 17th. There are 78 official "bracelet' events wherer the winner get money and a cool bracelet for winning.

I am playing in a $250 buyin tournament that runs daily starting at 1PM. You don't get one of the cool WSOP bracelets for winning a daily, but there is $30k to $40k for the winner of the daily I am playing. I will be here until Friday.

Eric

Spooky

busted out elry today. FB copy paste:

Very early exit today. Had TT in the small blind. The under to gun player makes a standard raise and it folds to me
I call. Flop is TA8. I raise. He goes allin. I figure he has AK or AQ. I call allin. He shows AA. His trips beat mine. I think I am done playing poker while I am here. Gonna spend the rest of my time exploring places I haven't seen in Vegas. I think it will take at least a couple of days to get over that last bad beat.

Spooky

The WSOP was an amazing experience. I learned a lot about poker and myself. Can't wait for next year!

Eric

Great!  I'm glad you took a little time away from the table too. Sounded like you needed a break. ;)

Spooky

A guy at work found out I play poker. We started talking and he keeps telling me that poker is a complete game of luck, even more than blackjack.

:wall:

I asked how much he plays. He said he played a couple of times in Vegas, but spend most of his time on blackjack and slots.

I need a poker friend. Someone I can talk hand histories and strategy with. Every conversation I have with people about poker ends up in an argument about poker being more luck than skill.