• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Abuse of Power - Michael Savage

Started by madcapitola, February 25, 2013, 03:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madcapitola

I'm reading Abuse of Power by Michael Savage (the talk show host) and I like it so far.  It's just your normal thriller story, nothing special as far as the writing style, but it's great to read a thriller with an Islamofacist bad guy, but without all the PC bullsh!t other writers would feel it necessary to use.  There's nothing slow about this book either.

It's set in San Francisco, where Savage lives, and I like the details he adds about the city life.  If you've ever heard his show, you can definitely see how the main character is based on him.  For instance, the main character has a little poodle he adores, so does Savage.  The main character is put on the no-fly list in Britain because of his "anti-Muslim" views, so was Savage in 2009 (I think that's the year).

Anyway, it's not a work of art, but it's kind of like Savage has already begun infiltrating America's artistic society, trying to get a conservative voice in there. 

Here's a review I pretty much agree with:
http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/42346

Consigliere5

Spooky

I hate that the Kindle version cost as much as the paperback.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

madcapitola

Quote from: Spooky on February 25, 2013, 03:39:13 PM
I hate that the Kindle version cost as much as the paperback.

That really does suck.  I have it on Nook.  Some of the books you buy for Nook can be lent to friends over facebook or email, but this book is not available to lend yet.  Once they open it up for that, I can lend it to you, if you'd like.  :)