• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by Rosie, August 13, 2011, 10:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on October 14, 2011, 03:13:19 PM
[spoiler]Now , wasn't that worth waiting almost three thousand pages ? Jamie and Tyrion are likeable Lannisters , eh ?  ;)[/spoiler]

Indeed.  :D

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

It's come time for a Feast for Crows.

Spooky

On book 3.

[spoiler]I thought Sansa was going flying for sure. Martin wrote that chapter very well and yet again I was fooled as to Littlefinger's motives and plans.[/spoiler]

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on October 14, 2011, 04:59:06 PM
On book 3.

[spoiler]I thought Sansa was going flying for sure. Martin wrote that chapter very well and yet again I was fooled as to Littlefinger's motives and plans.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Littlefinger is major player . The Wars of the Roses were waged by the Yorks and Lancasters . In the end a minor house ruled England . The Tudors . [/spoiler]
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Wish that I could change all the nuncles to uncles. I don't know why, but that word bugs the crap out of me.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on October 20, 2011, 01:15:52 PM
Wish that I could change all the nuncles to uncles. I don't know why, but that word bugs the gao se out of me.

16 nounces make a pound .

:D
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

I'll be all caught up way before then, Slacker!

George R.R. Martin won't start next Ice and Fire book 'til January

It took George R.R. Martin four years to deliver A Dance with Dragons, book five of his epic A Song of Ice and Fire, and it doesn't seem like he's off to a fast start with book six.

Speaking with Vulture, Martin said that he's got about 100 pages of the next book, The Winds of Winter, already written and that it's mostly material he originally wanted to put in A Dance with Dragons and decided to hang onto. That's the good news.

The bad news is that he's been so busy with the book tour for A Dance with Dragons, as well as other projects, that he won't start working on The Winds of Winter again until January.

We don't know how long The Winds of Winter will end up being, but if it's another 1000-pager like its predecessor, well, even 100 pages doesn't sound like he's made much of a dent yet.

But there is some other good news: Martin, as previously indicated, has written one of the pivotal episodes for season two of HBO's Game of Thrones, called "Blackwater," and the hit fantasy epic, itself, is now filming in Northern Ireland for airing early next year. Martin is also working on The World of Ice and Fire, which he describes as a "big, glossy coffee table book about the history and genealogy of Westeros."

There's more in the interview about the books, Martin's depiction of magic, and how he feels about the cast of Game of Thrones. You might as well read it all, since it doesn't look like you'll have The Winds of Winter in your eager little hands for quite some time.

http://blastr.com/2011/10/george-rr-martin-wont-sta.php

AdmiralDigby

I'm happy he has 10% finished but Mr Martin seems to be purposefully ignoring the one thing that has made him wealthy .

I wonder if he's afraid of finishing his song .....

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Spooky

45% of book 4.

[spoiler]Littlefinger! He schooled the Lords of the Eyrie. I don't know if I should hate him or admire him. I don't know if it's good or bad, but he seems to have Sansa/Alayne under his spell.[/spoiler]

Eric

I'm still early into book three.  Such a slacker!