• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (The Millennium trilogy)

Started by Spooky, August 07, 2011, 11:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Really enjoying it. I am about 3/4 of the way through. Looking forward to the movie. I haven't seem he original Swedish film yet.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

Loved the first book. It was slow at first, but really picked up and had a satisfying ending.

Book two is even better so far (half way though). It's easier to read because I know a lot of the characters already and it's a faster pace so far.

Tygie

I've read all three books.  They are really amazing.  I enjoyed them SO much.
I got the Swedish films from Netflix after I read the books.  They are definitely worth watching.  They left things out, of course, but nothing important.  Makes me wonder if the remake is going to be any good.
Nothing is forgotten.  Nothing is ever forgotten.

Spooky

Spooky

If Stieg Larsson were alive, I think he would have a huge endorsement deal with Billy's Pan Pizza.

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on August 28, 2011, 11:19:29 PM
If Stieg Larsson were alive, I think he would have a huge endorsement deal with Billy's Pan Pizza.

Does this trilogy have a satisfactory ending? I know it's been raved about and I love mysteries but when I
read that the author had planned to make this at least a 10 book series I had a hard time believing it was
wrapped up in 3 especially when I don't think he was planning to die so quickly.  I'd heard there was another
book floating around out there not completely finished. I hate starting mystery series that go poof on me.

Spooky

Quote from: Phyll33 on August 29, 2011, 06:31:28 AMDoes this trilogy have a satisfactory ending?

The first book did and book two looks to be headed that way. As for the trilogy as a whole? I'll have to wait until I read #3 to find out.

Spooky

Finished "The Girl Who Played With Fire" last night. Better than the first book IMO. Very, very intense at the end. I thought Joss was good at writing messed up, but strong, female characters, but Mr. Larson has him beat.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on August 30, 2011, 02:12:13 PM
Finished "The Girl Who Played With Fire" last night. Better than the first book IMO. Very, very intense at the end. I thought Joss was good at writing messed up, but strong, female characters, but Mr. Larson has him beat.

Should I be reading this ?

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on August 30, 2011, 03:10:14 PM
Should I be reading this ?

It's a pretty good mystery series. It took me until I finished the first 3rd of "The Dragon Tattoo" before I got into it, but book two had me hooked from the start. It's a meatier story and it is written at a much faster pace than book #1. Also, you can't help but root for the 5 ft nuthin', 90 lbs Lisbeth Salander. Her past is filled with darkness and her present doesn't pay her any favors, but she feisty, smart and willing to do what she has to to make things right.