• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Amy

Started by Spooky, July 25, 2011, 01:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Admittedly I am not a big fan of her's, but I do like her jazzy bluesy voice. R.I.P. Amy. I wish you would have lived life... better.

The DL - Amy Winehouse 'Valerie' Live

Image the show the members of the 27 Club could put on if they were all from the same generation and still alive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Pearl@32

She was really struggling for a while there, I was wondering if she'd ever return, kinda like Lauryn Hill, except Lauryn just kept having babies. Then there was talk of a new album on the horizon.

Eric got into her music before I did and I decided to get Back to Black from my now-defunct BMG Music Club. It is an amazing set of songs, she wrote almost all of them by herself and sang the spot-on backup vocals. I know I requested a song of hers at our wedding, but I had to be really choosy about which one, as she does cuss a lot. It was between "Tears Dry on Their Own" and "Just Friends." I think in the end I decided on the former because it's uptempo. Still had the f-bomb though.

I liked her throwback style mixed in with a little laid-back ska-reggae. Eric has always thought I should do "Rehab" at karaoke.

I never did like how skinny she was, sometimes her trademark eyeliner was creepy, and her tats freaked me out. (I like Lady Gaga's much better) But she put herself through a lot of personal hell, and despite having a loving family and loving friends, it just wasn't enough. I have yet to figure out why some don't make it (Heath, Layne Staley, Kurt) and others can be strung out for years but make a recovery (Steven Tyler, Robert Downey Jr. <---I mean, remember his issues!, Motley Crue, Scott Weiland).

The truth is that the ones that are still alive eventually find the straight and narrow path of sobriety.

/playing BiB on my computer now
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.