• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

The Beast With a Billion Backs trailer

Started by TinkTanker, May 29, 2008, 05:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

Quote from: Pearl@32 on June 09, 2008, 07:33:49 PM

I just read a comment on amazon.com about how the 30 minute formula made Futurama work and that the makers don't know how to make a 2-hour film. *whatever*

I liked Bender's Big Score. I suspect Bucks has some laughs but it's a means to an end. It's in the middle. I'd rather have a semi-sucky movie in part of a quadrilogy than no movies at all.

More Futurama of any kind is better than no Futurama. Or, as one poster on AICN said, "Mediocre Futurama is better than no Futurama."

I liked the first movie better, this one not so much. I do think the half hour format works better than the movies. But it is better than nuthin'. And as before, I'll buy the movie to support the show. It does happen from thyme to thyme.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

Yep, it's back to the Best Buy Tuesday. :D
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Eric

Meh.

It was like a date that started out great but just fizzled out partway through. 
His format really does seem to shine in the thirty minute slot.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Eric on June 24, 2008, 08:14:52 PM
Meh.

It was like a date that started out great but just fizzled out partway through. 
His format really does seem to shine in the thirty minute slot.

I'm hoping to obtain ( legally) the dvd today .

But I do agree that Futurama ( like most 1/2hour programmes ) works better in bite size bits .
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Eric

I did enjoy probably about the first two-thirds.  Then the tone changed and totally lost me.

BTW, there's a "Lost Episode" in the extras.  It's an episode done by the Futurama gang which was part of the Playstation2 video game.  I only paid half-attention because I thought it was an ad for a game, but it turns out it wasn't.

AdmiralDigby

BTW, there's a "Lost Episode" in the extras.  It's an episode done by the Futurama gang which was part of the Playstation2 video game.  I only paid half-attention because I thought it was an ad for a game, but it turns out it wasn't.

Is it an Easter Egg or can normal 'tards find it ?

???

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric

I'm pretty sure it's not an Easter egg, although Pearl was the one who started the episode.

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Pearl@32

Review:
There were parts that I laughed OUT LOUD. (will insert joke later) It's not as good as the first, but I liked it. Halfway through the movie, when the Beast showed up, I just kept wondering, "How the hell did we get HERE?!"

[spoiler]I liked that you got to see through the rip in the Universe.[/spoiler]

It was a bizarre "episode," but then again so was "Amazon Women in the Mood."

"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

Pearl@32

I got my wish: no lenticular cover!!!

The cover is kick-ass.

And the limited edition lithos and posters are far-out.