• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Burger Barn

Started by geogal, July 06, 2009, 12:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geogal

Okay, so I had one of the best burgers I've ever had on Saturday.  Chris took the perfectly seasoned patty, dipped it in bacon grease (we were having bacon cheeseburgers) and then threw it on the grill.  He claimed that it helped keep the patties from sticking.  What it ended up doing is imbuing the burger with a lovely piggy flavor.

Add to that tomatoes straight from my dad's garden?  Holy smokes!

TinkTanker

Quote from: geogal on July 06, 2009, 12:34:21 PM
Okay, so I had one of the best burgers I've ever had on Saturday.  Chris took the perfectly seasoned patty, dipped it in bacon grease (we were having bacon cheeseburgers) and then threw it on the grill.  He claimed that it helped keep the patties from sticking.  What it ended up doing is imbuing the burger with a lovely piggy flavor.

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

Mom used to make "Mock Steaks".  Take burger and wrap filet-mignon-style [with bacon] and broil.  

They are tasty as 'eck.  No bread or condiments necessary, IMHO.

ETA: teh bacons

TinkTanker

Quote from: Eric on July 06, 2009, 02:01:47 PM
Mom used to make "Mock Steaks".  Take burger and wrap filet-mignon-style and broil.  

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Saxon

Quote from: geogal on July 06, 2009, 12:34:21 PM

Oh my...

Reminds me of the part in one of the Little House books where Ma lays slices of bacon over the rabbit she is roasting...and everyone raves...she said:

"Hunger is the best sauce".

I need to plant tomatoes....Gingi and I both love 'em, but we rarely buy them cuz it's just the two of us who will eat them. I could make my own salsa, sauces, and slice 'em for burgers and salads...or just eat 'em with salt.

*can you tell I'm hungry now?*

Saxon

Quote from: Eric on July 06, 2009, 02:01:47 PM
Mom used to make "Mock Steaks".  Take burger and wrap filet-mignon-style and broil.  

Oh my....that 'bout killed me.

Now I'm craving bacon wrapped asparagus from Disneyland's Bengal BBQ!

Eric

lol... I forgot to add "with bacon" to the other post, but I'm glad you got my message!

geogal

Quote from: Eric on July 06, 2009, 04:30:29 PM
lol... I forgot to add "with bacon" to the other post, but I'm glad you got my message!

Now if everything came 'with bacon'....

Mmmmmmm.   I think I'll have a BLT for dinner :))  (double chin from all the fat).

TinkTanker

Quote from: geogal on July 06, 2009, 05:16:08 PM
Quote from: Eric on July 06, 2009, 04:30:29 PM

Now if everything came 'with bacon'....

Mmmmmmm.   I think I'll have a BLT for dinner :))  (double chin from all the fat).