• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Exclusive: 'Bones' plots 'Family Guy' crossover!

Started by Spooky, March 19, 2009, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

Jessi and I finally got caught up on Bones, but we must have missed something...when he admitted that he was halucinating "Stewie" (which Jessi was freakin' out over), she mentioned him doing that other times...she mentioned the soldier/ghost and someone else. What was the other ep/hallucination he saw? I thought we hadn't missed any other eps, but it looks like we did.

Oh my, the last ep was fan-freakin'-tastic!!

Phyll33

Quote from: Saxon on May 29, 2009, 06:05:37 PM
Jessi and I finally got caught up on Bones, but we must have missed something...when he admitted that he was halucinating "Stewie" (which Jessi was freakin' out over), she mentioned him doing that other times...she mentioned the soldier/ghost and someone else. What was the other ep/hallucination he saw? I thought we hadn't missed any other eps, but it looks like we did.

Oh my, the last ep was fan-freakin'-tastic!!

I haven't missed an episode and I don't remember those either. I was trying to remember what she was
talking about too.

Spooky

Quote from: Phyll33 on May 30, 2009, 07:27:14 AM

I haven't missed an episode and I don't remember those either. I was trying to remember what she was
talking about too.

Same here.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

What did you guys think of the last ep? Is there discussion somewhere already? I stopped checking in on all the threads with shows/movies I hadn't seen yet to avoid spoilers. I'm glad Jessi and I finally got caught up. I also hope to high heaven they don't over-lap all my fave shows again next season! What a pain to try to play catch up.

Phyll33

I thought it was a fun episode but I can see why some were disappointed since they like to keep the story
moving forward especially at the end of a season and this pretty much stopped things in it's tracks. Almost
felt like they were going to go back to square one in their relationship so there were a lot of squawks on
the Bones board. I liked the fact they brought Zack back and I wish they would keep him or find a story line
that would exonerate him. The new guys have been fun sometimes and I can see the added storylines they
have added but the family feel of the group is lost. I guess in a long series though they need to shake things
up to keep it interesting.

Saxon

I loved the ep. I loved the 'fan fic' feel to it, the way they played with the characters...and I think they HAD to bring them back to 'square one' for another season. They were getting to that place when the characters finally get together and then the fireworks end and the show ends. If Booth really doesn't know who she is, they will have to rebuild their relationship, if he was messing with her, or just disoriented, that will make things go in another direction.

My suggestion to Jessi was, when he slipped into that coma, she followed his 'last wishes'...and now, just like the story she was writing (with the narrative coming from a 'crime writer perspective'), she announces she was pregnant...maybe she IS. With him possibly memory-less...how is that gonna work if she IS carrying his kid. lol. Wow. So many possibilities.

Absolutely LOVED the role reversals though. Jessi and I were cracking up. Also showed us the range of the 'geeks of the week'. But, as I said, my favorite line was the 'Gormagon' one, along with the one about how Zack would be mostly likely to go to prison for a crime he didn't commit. That made me think they ARE working on a storyline to bring him back.

Off topic but on....I got a question/pondering. Did anyone else notice how chubby he'd gotten? Now, remember "Friends"? We'd see 'Chandler' super thin one season, then chubby the next...in fact, all 'stars' who've been on drugs, then got off, seem to always gain weight when they 'get clean'. I know it's cuz they screw up their metabolism (that's why people like Kirsty Ally and those will always be battling the bulge, cuz they took 'diet pills' and worse to keep their weight down in their glory days). But is it possilble they had him leave the show because of drug problems? He sure did look like someone who's 'gotten clean'. That's just me maybe...cop's wife...with lot's of druggies in my extended family to use as guidelines. *shrugs*

Phyll33

I think your right that they may have given hints in the episode as to how the show may go forward.
Eric looked like he was putting on weight in the last season he was on and it was very noticeable when
he came back this season for that one episode. I always thought there was more to his leaving then we
were told. His character was just too popular to be dumped like that.

Saxon

I don't want to cast aspersions on his character (as a person), but it's not unheard of in 'show biz'. If he was having problems, I'm glad they've given him a chance to 'clean up'. We see this stuff all the time, the CSI guy, the Friends one...(I'm so terrible with real names). Common thing in such an atmosphere.

I mentioned that to Adam about Zack Levi, hoping he didn't 'go stupid' like so many Hollywood 'overnight sensations'...he said, 'naw, this kid's got a good head on his shoulders and is way too talented'. That made me happy.

Phyll33

That's good to hear. Zack Levi is a real cutey and you don't really realize how much until you watch him
in Chuck and see all of his expressions. That smile is a heartbreaker. I really adore Chuck and Adam knows
that was a real turn around for me since I wasn't in the bag for it at first.