• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

*chomp* *chomp* *chomp*

Started by Saxon, February 22, 2009, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saxon

I am woman enough to admit when I am wrong.

I like Sweets. They are finally writing this character in a way that makes sense, adds to the show, and plays well with the others.

I also hope they keep depressed boy...they need to tone it down some, but I know they wanted to establish that he's all doom and gloom...but like they did with Sweets, they went over board some.

I never did like the other 'young guy' and I hated the story line that got rid of him, but I did like him better (at first) than Sweets.

I guess, the writers strike did effect some of the problems, but it looks like they've finally gotten their footing back. The last two eps were awesome. Even the new blond gal was fun....I just wish they hadn't put it opposite Survivor, I have to make a decision, and I hate doing that. :P

Phyll33

Quote from: Saxon on February 22, 2009, 01:55:01 PM
I am woman enough to admit when I am wrong.

I like Sweets. They are finally writing this character in a way that makes sense, adds to the show, and plays well with the others.

I also hope they keep depressed boy...they need to tone it down some, but I know they wanted to establish that he's all doom and gloom...but like they did with Sweets, they went over board some.

I never did like the other 'young guy' and I hated the story line that got rid of him, but I did like him better (at first) than Sweets.

I guess, the writers strike did effect some of the problems, but it looks like they've finally gotten their footing back. The last two eps were awesome. Even the new blond gal was fun....I just wish they hadn't put it opposite Survivor, I have to make a decision, and I hate doing that. :P

Yep, someone got the word about Sweets. His improved persona is no accident. They knew his old personality
was not winning  over the fans. I loved the comment about the red lips in the auction scene since that part
of his looks has bothered the heck out of me. The rotating interns are getting on my nerves though but this
guy served a purpose so he worked in better. I still miss Zack but have noticed they don't seem to be willing
to bring him back very much even though they said they would.

Time to bite that bullet and get a DVR but I'm not real happy with mine right now since I realized it won't
program any farther ahead than 2 weeks. When I go out of town in April we will be gone for maybe up to
a month and it will be right at the end of the season for my shows so this will be interesting how I will get
to see those last 2 weeks except on my computer and I don't really enjoy watching them that way.

Saxon

This doom and gloom intern is my favorite so far, since they've give him a 'purpose', and sort of a 'stamp of approval', maybe they will tone him down some. The other's were just such extreme caricatures it was painful to watch.

I guess the actor who plays Sweets must just have very red (in real life) lips...and enough people mentioned it that they couldn't resist throwing that in.

What really cracked me up about watching the last two eps together with Jessi was how the first guy (intern of the week) was dropping all those bits of trivia, and Jessi does that all the time, not to the degree that it's annoying, it's just something she does. Then, we watched the next ep (we were two behind), and as soon as doom and gloom guy walks in with the 'murder weapon', Jessi says, "they used to put those things in people's no-no places". I CRACKED UP, since I'd watched the ep without her earlier. I had to make her stop the vid cuz I was dying...she was like, 'what?'...and I was..."how the heck do you know this stuff!!?"....she is like a combo of the last two interns only not annoying and much much cuter! hehe.

Phyll33

:laugh:

When I saw that torture device and heard the description I got nauseated. Ugh! I thought I had read
about most of those out there since I used to love reading medieval history books but that was a new
one. Might ought to check her reading material.  :laugh:

Spooky

Quote from: Phyll33 on February 24, 2009, 07:29:55 AM

When I saw that torture device and heard the description I got nauseated. Ugh! I thought I had read
about most of those out there since I used to love reading medieval history books but that was a new

There was a show on the discovery channel last year that featured a bunch of torture devices, this device was one of them. Pretty creepy.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

Everything that girl has learned has either been through osmosis, the internet or something else. Whereas Gingi devours a book every couple of days, Jessi hardly ever reads...she does all her 'research' online. Jeremy is that way too...except now he's having to use books, teaching classes and all! heh.

That's why Jessi wants a 'Kindle'!

Saxon

Quote from: Spooky on February 24, 2009, 10:01:11 AM

There was a show on the discovery channel last year that featured a bunch of torture devices, this device was one of them. Pretty creepy.

Coulda been where she learned it. She's really into weapons! Remember, I've always said that 'Ewok is the daughter Jayne wishes he had!' heh.

Spooky

Quote from: Saxon on February 24, 2009, 10:32:37 AM

Everything that girl has learned has either been through osmosis, the internet or something else. Whereas Gingi devours a book every couple of days, Jessi hardly ever reads...she does all her 'research' online. Jeremy is that way too...except now he's having to use books, teaching classes and all! heh.

That's why Jessi wants a 'Kindle'!

I LOVE my Kindle!
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

As a reader I have a hard time understanding those that don't like to read books. I could never enjoy
a Kindle. I need that real book to cosy us with and those pages to turn. I love my book shelves filled
with books and my favorite stores have always been book stores and I join a library before anything
when I move to a new place. I'm a bookworm and proud of it.  :)

TinkTanker

I want to continue to expand my carbon footprint as much as I can, so no Kindle for me.

Every time someone buys a Kindle, Algore wins.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"