• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Death By Chocolate: All things cocoa-related

Started by geogal, January 05, 2009, 11:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geogal

Easy Peanut Clusters

1 pkg chocolate almond bark
2 large serving spoons peanut butter
1 lb. roasted, salted peanuts.

Melt bark according to package directions.  Add peanut butter and stir until smooth.  Stir in peanuts.  Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and let sit until hardened.

Total time, 10-15 minutes.

Saxon

Easy Peasy Choco-Peanut Brittle

1 package 99cent store peanut brittle
3 squares of Chocolate flavored Almond Bark (just that melting chocolate they sell at Walmart).

Melt the 3 squares of chocolate for about 45 seconds in microwave, stir, nuke for 10 more seconds if needed.

Drizzle melted chocolate onto peanut brittle pieces on wax paper. If you really want it chocolately, after it 'sets', turn pieces over and repeat the drizzling. OR melt the 'vanilla flavored' 'bark', to get a pretty black and white drizzle going on. Yum.

*I put that melted stuff on everything from cookies, to pretzels, to mini marshmellows (set into PAM sprayed mini muffin tins) to Fiddle Faddle!*

Skipup

Don't let my little dragon die, click the egg!

Saxon

melted chocolate...I bet it was in bar form when he picked it up.

Saxon

Okay, I've got to stop with all the sweets...I've gained weight, and I know only some of it it is due to the meds. *EEP*

My latest 'invention'?

Anyone every get those little peanut butter filled pretzel squares from Walmart? I got them, still had some of the 'melting chocolate' left....nuked two squares and drizzled it over those little squares of pretzels/w/peanut butter. Yum. Sortal like a 'Take Five' bar.

Skipup

Yeah..no more chocolate unless I am licking it off that guy! Seriously, I had to have my thryroid meds upped. Its time to hit the gym.
Don't let my little dragon die, click the egg!

Saxon

I keep thinking...it won't be long till all the sweets are out of the house (cuz I'm eating them)...and by then, I can start exercising!! right?