• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

A coffee expert reviews coffes

Started by Eric, June 16, 2014, 05:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Folgers has been my mainstay for at least a decade, though I've been preferring "Folger's Colombian" lately (same price, but slightly smaller container).  "Chock Full o'Nuts" (not reviewed below) was decent, with the added bonus of an actual tin coffee can instead of plastic.  Maxwell House is cheaper, but it doesn't tickle my taste buds.  I've found some nice locally-roasted coffee beans, but at twice the price of Folgers, I'd have to cut way back on my coffee consumption.  Like that's going to happen.

This guy is a coffee snob, but changes his mind somewhat after going down the rabbit hole:

http://youtu.be/Cu-S_USMQ0U

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on June 16, 2014, 07:56:02 AM
:coffee:

Entertaining review.

Coffee snob indeed. Just what I want, a little gay guy critic telling me how robust my coffee is. :) I've had some really good coffee
from Macs and some really bad coffee. I like Dunkin's too but just for lattes which probably don't count.

TinkTanker

McDonalds is hit or miss on their coffee. Most days it is good, other days I feel like just pouring it out. I usually go through the drive-thru and I have to ask for creamer/Splenda on the side and always ask for more than I use. Some days the only way to kill the taste is through five or six creamers and about that many Splendas.

I've yet to have a bad cup of coffee from the gas station up the street. Never scalding hot, never lukewarm, never sludgy grounds in the bottom of the cup. I usually get 3/4 of a cup of coffee with a 1/4 cup on French Vanilla latte and that's pretty darned good.

We have a Starbucks in the office complex (but who doesn't) and while I enjoy the smell, I have wait (seemingly) half an hour for it to cool down enough to drink. Pass.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"