• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Blood and Chrome

Started by eforhan, July 28, 2010, 07:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmiralDigby

First episode was pretty good .
One main gripe ( and it applies to all space shows ) those ships are too close together .

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Eric

B&C seems to be going in the opposite way of H+ in that they've combined episodes 3 and 4 into a single one.  Haven't watched it yet myself, but getting ready to do so.  Also, MachinimaPrime says in the comments:

Hey everyone, executive producer David Eick will be joining us on the comments at 1pm Pacific, 4pm Eastern, answering your questions! So make them good, godsdammit.

"Episodes 3 & 4" - Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

TinkTanker

10-15 minutes is perfect for this kind of stuff. I never could watch the mini-webisodes that were like 2 minutes long. WTF?

TinkTanker

And I feel the dumbness, but I never associated Adama's Husker call sign with Caprica.

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on November 16, 2012, 10:36:43 AM
10-15 minutes is perfect for this kind of stuff. I never could watch the mini-webisodes that were like 2 minutes long. WTF?

I had read that the intention was to make it like serials of yore, such as Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers:  Short and end with a cliffhanger.

AdmiralDigby

So a friend of mine who was a huge fan of BSG ( old and new ) until the last half hour of the finale ( he swore to never watch BSG or any R Moore series ever again ) saw ep1 and is now frothing at its awesomeness .

He's even decided to break out the series and watch it again .....
Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

AdmiralDigby

Eating with a spoon?
Blowing in the breeze

Eric

Eep.  The Thanksgiving Holiday threw me off my game here. 
I haven't yet watched these, but since Pearl hasn't seen any of them maybe we'll sit down tonight and do so.  Should be around seventy-eighty minutes or so of entertainment?

Here's the full series so far:

"Episode 1" - Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome
http://youtu.be/KXCnuArj4b8
http://youtu.be/J3ytt0Fp3To
http://youtu.be/dNHMfK65mnU