• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

DR. Horrible

Started by AdmiralDigby, July 15, 2008, 07:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

Quote from: Rosie on July 16, 2008, 08:33:52 PM
I loved it from start to finish. I enjoy NPH as Dr. Horrible. I loved the fact he started with the laugh and explained he hired a voice coach. He takes this stuff seriously. :)

It definitely reminds me of Once More With Feelings.

I kept watching over and over.

:haha:

I just now got to watch the first episode (I still can't get the site to work, got it from the link here).

I just keep remembering seeing Nathan, Joss and Felicia walking and talking during the day on the strike line. I kept asking everyone, 'who is the little red head talking to Joss and Nathan? She looks familiar'. heh. I love that we were somehow 'there' when things were jelling for them...how cool is that?

I really love how they've taken the negativity of the strike and made something positive out of it. And fun too.

Still need to watch the next eps.

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on July 18, 2008, 01:15:24 PM
Ph.D. In Horribleness!

http://starsprinkles.net/lj/phdhorribleness.html

OK , 'tard time here .
How do I put text into the template and why won't PS work for me on this ?

???
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Spooky

Just finished ep 3. I can't wait for more! The best part ws waiting all the way until the end of the credits and seeing Grrr Argghh!  :D

Spooky

Quote from: AdmiralDigby on July 19, 2008, 06:18:24 AM
Ph.D. In Horribleness!

OK , 'tard thyme here .

???

I just copied the font file into the windows font folder, loaded PhD-Horribleness-Large-Blank.jpg into PS and used the text tool (with the proper font selected) and typed my name, centered it and I now have a Ph. D. in Horribleness.  :happy:

Saxon

Quote from: Spooky on July 21, 2008, 12:20:37 PM
Just finished ep 3. I can't wait for more! The best part ws waiting all the way until the end of the credits and seeing Grrr Argghh!  :D

That's exactly what Ewok said!!

Although I am confused, since I thought Mutant Enemy was defunct. I know Chris isn't with them any more, but I thought the company was shut down(?).

AdmiralDigby

Quote from: Spooky on July 21, 2008, 12:41:53 PM
Quote from: AdmiralDigby on July 19, 2008, 06:18:24 AM
Ph.D. In Horribleness!

OK , 'tard thyme here .

???

I just copied the font file into the windows font folder, loaded PhD-Horribleness-Large-Blank.jpg into PS and used the text tool (with the proper font selected) and typed my name, centered it and I now have a Ph. D. in Horribleness.  :happy:

OK I'll try that .
Thanks !
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Phyll33

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is being blown all out of proportion to the result. Yes, it's different in the
way it was distributed but in this day and age something like this should be able to be done and frankly done a little
better than this was. It was cute and fun until Joss decided to do his ghoul thing which is getting pretty stale for me.
I would love to know what in his background gave him this need to introduce death in every work he does so it will be
as hurtful as it can be. It seems to be rather sadistic to his fans, but that's just me.

The singing and songs were good and Nathan really played this the right way I think of all the actors. Everyone seemed
to play this pretty straight except him and he played it for the farce and silliness it was. I don't think he was mocking
Joss's work but he sure came close with that smirky smile.  :)

Glad it got the attention it did since it may be a way of getting more shows of another kind that are of better quality
and will do well in this kind of format. I can see Joss's wheels turning as a way possibly to get more Firefly out there,
since I do believe he would really like to do that. I'm guessing rights may play a part in that though. If this is a launch
to bigger and better then I guess it is all good but for me this was just a baby step and not a real good one.

Spooky

Quote from: Phyll33 on July 24, 2008, 01:11:11 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is being blown all out of proportion to the result.

Maybe a little, but you know Joss and his psycho fans! ;) I do think it's great that he was able to produce a quality short film, with a couple of known actors, with out the help of the studios. He pretty much bankrolled it himself and between the iTunes sales and eventual DVD sales, I hope the project make a HUGE profit!

BTW I loved Neil Barney Houser as Dr. Horrible!

Phyll33

Quote from: Spooky on July 24, 2008, 01:24:59 PM
Quote from: Phyll33 on July 24, 2008, 01:11:11 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is being blown all out of proportion to the result.

Maybe a little, but you know Joe and his psycho fans! ;) I do think it's great that he was able to produce a quality short film, with a couple of known actors, with out the help of the studios. He pretty much bankrolled it himself and between the iTunes sales and eventual DVD sales, I hope the project make a HUGE profit!

BTW I loved Neil Barney Houser as Dr. Horrible!

Yep, Doogie did a good job and has an excellent singing voice. He played the part pretty straight and serious unlike
Nathan who was a tad cheesy.  :laugh:  Which I got a kick out of but it kind of through off the pace a little since it
seemed to go from serious to farce as it went back and forth between the actors.

I agree this was an experiment on seeing what you can put out there on your own without having to kiss the studios
butt and for this reason alone it was worthwhile. I just thought the praise for the quality of the story was overblown.