• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

LOST finale to be extended 30 minutes to fit in the essential story details.

Started by Spooky, May 05, 2010, 09:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Pearl@32

"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Consigliere5

QuoteWhile I think the scheduling, which I believe originally had the season ending on May 16 (no break), is for other reasons, they moved the finale to Pentecost Sunday.

Per the bible, that's when the holy spirit descended unto Christ's followers, after which they were able to preach such that any person could understand them, even if that person spoke another language. Prior to that, after Christ ascended into heaven 10 days earlier, they had been a bit scared or, lost, as it were.

Notably, the date it's celebrated often differs between western and eastern Christian denominations (who calculate Easter differently), but this year both fall on May 23. Though Lost's references to Abrahamic religions are more old testament in Christian terms, Pentecost is a significant date for Christians (it's also a Jewish festival, but I can't remember which).

I don't think it really means much, but reaching for what might, maybe mean something is part of loving Lost.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Consigliere5 on May 14, 2010, 07:11:38 AM
QuoteWhile I think the scheduling, which I believe originally had the season ending on May 16 (no break), is for other reasons, they moved the finale to Pentecost Sunday.

Per the bible, that's when the holy spirit descended unto Christ's followers, after which they were able to preach such that any person could understand them, even if that person spoke another language. Prior to that, after Christ ascended into heaven 10 days earlier, they had been a bit scared or, lost, as it were.

Notably, the date it's celebrated often differs between western and eastern Christian denominations (who calculate Easter differently), but this year both fall on May 23. Though Lost's references to Abrahamic religions are more old testament in Christian terms, Pentecost is a significant date for Christians (it's also a Jewish festival, but I can't remember which).

I don't think it really means much, but reaching for what might, maybe mean something is part of loving Lost.

WTF? Look, I really like LOST and I will miss it like crazy when it is gone, but comparing it to Christ and all is a bit of a stretch.

I agree with the author, it doesn't mean much. So why did they even bother? I guess some people love to see their words in print, just as some are in love with their own voices.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

geogal

I figured they were moving it to the 23rd because Jack's number is 23.  *shrug*