• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Janet Evanovich

Started by SerenityValley, June 25, 2008, 10:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityValley

Quote from: Rosie on July 03, 2008, 11:51:38 PM
Quote from: SerenityValley on June 30, 2008, 08:09:25 AM

Yes, so far. I heard they aren't quite as good. I haven't read them yet. I usually try to save her books
for a special thyme when I won't have any interruptions or my husband is out of town and I can have something
to read for fun. I wish there were more authors out there that could write humor like she does.  :)

Yep.  There's not an author I've come across that has me laughing out loud like Evanovich.

I read The Rocky Road to Romance.

It was very funny.
[/quote]

I don't have that one yet, but I'm bidding on it on ebay.  That's where I got all of the "Full" books.  Have you read the Stephanie Plum books?  They are well worth the read. 
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Rosie

Quote from: SerenityValley on July 04, 2008, 09:22:20 AM

I don't have that one yet, but I'm bidding on it on ebay.  That's where I got all of the "Full" books.  Have you read the Stephanie Plum books?  They are well worth the read. 

Nope but I'll make sure to check them out. Always looking for a new author.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Phyll33 on June 26, 2008, 07:42:57 AM
Quote from: SerenityValley on June 26, 2008, 06:38:56 AM
I'm workin my way thru the "Full" series now.  They are good so far but nuthin' close to Stephanie Plum!  She actually re-wrote alot of them with Charlotte Hughes.  I think she was trying to make them more Plum-like!

I have those too but haven't read them. I heard they weren't the same quality as the Plum books. Janet
started out writing for Loveswept and and a lot of those early romances she wrote for them have become
collectibles. She used to live near me in Fairfax County, VA. We used to hit the same used book store there
in Burke and I was there the day she came in shouting about "One For the Money" being sold. She also sold
the movie rights to it but nuthin' has ever happened with it yet. Her personality is like you would expect,
she has a great sense of humor.  :)

Ironically she still lives in my area or did. She moved to NH too and lives up around Dartmouth .

I just found this on Janet's website:

"What's going on with the One For the Money movie?
Last we heard, nuthin'. They've been working on a script for several years now. Reese Witherspoon is attached to the project to play Stephanie. No other casting has been done. If anything exciting ever happens we'll be sure to post it on the site right away. "

Reese Witherspoon?  Ack!

Oh, and this:

>>Who can I write about getting the One For the Money movie going?
A reader sent it in a while ago...
"Janet and Alex and Fellow Fans: Just FYI, I did a little searching on the web. Tri Star Pictures is owned by Sony Pictures. The President of Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group is Jeff Blake and his address is: c/o TriStar Pictures, 10202 Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232. Their phone number is (310) 244-7700. This can be verified at Sony Pictures' website: www.sonypictures.com. (I got the address and phone number from www.switchboard.com.) " <<
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Phyll33

I agree Reese Witherspoon is not my pick for Stephanie but this has been floating around for quite
sometime. I think she bought the rights to it recognizing a good thing but she's not right for the part.
It would make a great TV series on the order of Chuck but only with the right cast and that is hard
to come by.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Phyll33 on July 09, 2008, 07:33:24 AM

I agree Reese Witherspoon is not my pick for Stephanie but this has been floating around for quite
sometime. I think she bought the rights to it recognizing a good thing but she's not right for the part.
It would make a great TV series on the order of Chuck but only with the right cast and that is hard
to come by.

Yep.  I think it'd be better as a series as well.  Still not sure who I'd like to see play Stephanie (or Joe or Ranger, for that matter!).

Phyll33

I can't think of good actors for the part either. All of the ones that come to mind are too old for the part.
Reese is a definite no no for me, she is too petite and short. Probably new actors  with out any
baggage elsewhere would be the best choices. Ranger definitely has a particular look and I picture Joe
along the lines of David Boreanz but Stephanie eludes me although I see her as a redhead and can't
remember if she is or not.

Wyobar

Quote from: Phyll33 on July 09, 2008, 09:35:28 AM

I can't think of good actors for the part either. All of the ones that come to mind are too old for the part.
Reese is a definite no no for me, she is too petite and short. Probably new actors  with out any
baggage elsewhere would be the best choices. Ranger definitely has a particular look and I picture Joe
along the lines of David Boreanz but Stephanie eludes me although I see her as a redhead and can't

I have the same image of her... also tall... is that right? I have heard that there is a new book (14), gotta go over to the bookstore today. Ranger... I like Richard Armitage for him. Joe...no idea at all.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3255865600/nm0035514

Phyll33

I've always pictured her on the tallish side but I'm sure it has said somewhere and I just don't remember.
Yes, the new one just came out but I'm still behind a few books. I have something to look forward to
when I'm snowed in this winter.  :)

Wyobar

Quote from: Phyll33 on July 09, 2008, 03:40:53 PM

I've always pictured her on the tallish side but I'm sure it has said somewhere and I just don't remember.
Yes, the new one just came out but I'm still behind a few books. I have something to look forward to
when I'm snowed in this winter.  :)

Glad that I am not alone in my "tall" thought. Snow? What is that *G

Didn't make it over to the bookstore, as we went and saw WallE... it was wonderful.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Wyobar on July 09, 2008, 11:18:31 AM
Quote from: Phyll33 on July 09, 2008, 09:35:28 AM

I have the same image of her... also tall... is that right? I have heard that there is a new book (14), gotta go over to the bookstore today. Ranger... I like Richard Armitage for him. Joe...no idea at all.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3255865600/nm0035514

He'd be better as Joe, I think.  Ranger is Cuban, so Armitage is a little too light-skinned!  He's a cutie, though!