• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Janet Evanovich

Started by SerenityValley, June 25, 2008, 10:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityValley

I just read Fearless Fourteen this weekend!  She is SO frakkin' funny!  If you have not read any of her work, I suggest starting with "One for the Money" and reading them in order.  She has great characters and I usually end up laughing my butt off the whole time I'm reading one of her books!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Phyll33

Quote from: SerenityValley on June 25, 2008, 10:02:22 AM
I just read Fearless Fourteen this weekend!  She is SO frakkin' funny!  If you have not read any of her work, I suggest starting with "One for the Money" and reading them in order.  She has great characters and I usually end up laughing my butt off the whole thyme I'm reading one of her books!

I love her books and collect those too. I know, yes my house looks like the local library but I don't mind being
snowed in in the winter.  :)

SerenityValley

I'm workin my way thru the "Full" series now.  They are good so far but nothing close to Stephanie Plum!  She actually re-wrote alot of them with Charlotte Hughes.  I think she was trying to make them more Plum-like!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Phyll33

Quote from: SerenityValley on June 26, 2008, 06:38:56 AM
I'm workin my way thru the "Full" series now.  They are good so far but nuthin' close to Stephanie Plum!  She actually re-wrote alot of them with Charlotte Hughes.  I think she was trying to make them more Plum-like!

I have those too but haven't read them. I heard they weren't the same quality as the Plum books. Janet
started out writing for Loveswept and and a lot of those early romances she wrote for them have become
collectibles. She used to live near me in Fairfax County, VA. We used to hit the same used book store there
in Burke and I was there the day she came in shouting about "One For the Money" being sold. She also sold
the movie rights to it but nothing has ever happened with it yet. Her personality is like you would expect,
she has a great sense of humor.  :)

Ironically she still lives in my area or did. She moved to NH too and lives up around Dartmouth .

SerenityValley

Funny, I was just telling my sister that I can't believe nobody has picked up film or TV rights to her Plum books.  They are SO FUNNY!

Phyll33

The movie rights were picked up very early within a few months of her first book being released. She had
come into the store very happy about that at the time but since the books have become so popular she probably
could have got a lot more. I thought they were just for the first book though, if they were for the character
then she is probably kicking herself since she would have been worth a lot more now. I thought I had heard
that they  were supposed to make a TV show from them because there was much speculation at one time
on who would play the characters.

SerenityValley

Now I'm reading "Metro Girl".  You can tell it's an Evanovich, but it sure ain't a Plum!  It's good though.  Almost finished with it and I've got Motor Mouth waiting!  I think there are only two in this series.

Phyll33

Quote from: SerenityValley on June 30, 2008, 07:17:22 AM
Now I'm reading "Metro Girl".  You can tell it's an Evanovich, but it sure ain't a Plum!  It's good though.  Almost finished with it and I've got Motor Mouth waiting!  I think there are only two in this series.

Yes, so far. I heard they aren't quite as good. I haven't read them yet. I usually try to save her books
for a special time when I won't have any interruptions or my husband is out of town and I can have something
to read for fun. I wish there were more authors out there that could write humor like she does.  :)

SerenityValley

Yes, so far. I heard they aren't quite as good. I haven't read them yet. I usually try to save her books
for a special thyme when I won't have any interruptions or my husband is out of town and I can have something
to read for fun. I wish there were more authors out there that could write humor like she does.  :)
[/quote]

Yep.  There's not an author I've come across that has me laughing out loud like Evanovich.

Rosie

Quote from: SerenityValley on June 30, 2008, 08:09:25 AM

for a special thyme when I won't have any interruptions or my husband is out of town and I can have something

Yep.  There's not an author I've come across that has me laughing out loud like Evanovich.
[/quote]

I read The Rocky Road to Romance.

It was very funny.