• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Nora Roberts!

Started by SerenityValley, June 05, 2008, 10:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerenityValley

Yep, I love me some Nora Roberts (and JD Robb - her psudonym for her mystery novels)!  Right now I'm reading "The Hollow" which is book two in her latest trilogy!  Good stuff.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Phyll33

Quote from: SerenityValley on June 05, 2008, 10:14:58 AM
Yep, I love me some Nora Roberts (and JD Robb - her psudonym for her mystery novels)!  Right now I'm reading "The Hollow" which is book two in her latest trilogy!  Good stuff.

I own every book she has ever written and in their original form. Yes I know, it is well over a hundred books
probably closer to 200 by now. I am so far behind on reading them however that I doubt if I will ever catch up.
She is just too prolific of a writer and I read a whole lot of authors. I love the J.D. Robb series since I love
mysteries and am getting tired of the other books she writes under her own name. She is very formulaic
on her trilogies and I guess I've read too many over the years. Her best books I always thought were the
ones with a lot of humor. Amazing how far she has come from starting out as a Silhouette Romance author.

Wyobar

Quote from: Phyll33 on June 05, 2008, 03:20:02 PM

I own every book she has ever written and in their original form. Yes I know, it is well over a hundred books
probably closer to 200 by now. I am so far behind on reading them however that I doubt if I will ever catch up.
She is just too prolific of a writer and I read a whole lot of authors. I love the J.D. Robb series since I love
mysteries and am getting tired of the other books she writes under her own name. She is very formulaic
on her trilogies and I guess I've read too many over the years. Her best books I always thought were the
ones with a lot of humor. Amazing how far she has come from starting out as a Silhouette Romance author.

I am amazed... I started to collect her books & gave it up as a too daunting task. Agree with you on her trilogies... even the characters aren't as richly drawn. The only set I enjoyed these last few years was the garden trilogy (Lilly, Black Rose, ? can't remember the other title). I think I liked the evil spirit *G

I adore the JD Robb series... complex characters, though I feel they peaked when we found out Eve's story.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Wyobar on July 09, 2008, 10:36:03 PM
Quote from: Phyll33 on June 05, 2008, 03:20:02 PM

I am amazed... I started to collect her books & gave it up as a too daunting task. Agree with you on her trilogies... even the characters aren't as richly drawn. The only set I enjoyed these last few years was the garden trilogy (Lilly, Black Rose, ? can't remember the other title). I think I liked the evil spirit *G

I adore the JD Robb series... complex characters, though I feel they peaked when we found out Eve's story.

Red Lily, Black Rose and Blue Dahlia.  Loved them!  I'm reading High Noon right now.  It's really good so far.  Very small print, so it's a long one!

According to her website, Lifetime is making more movies from her books.  "Under consideration are Tribute, High Noon, Northern Lights, True Betrayals, Midnight Bayou and Carnal Innocence."  I thought they did a good job with Montana Sky and Carolina Moon.  Blue Smoke was okay.  I didn't care for Heather Locklear in Angels Fall, though.  Looking forward to seeing how they do with the next batch!
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

SerenityValley

My favorite of her trilogies/series are Cordina's Royal Family, Three Sisters and the Key Trilogy.  Really liked the Circle Trilogy also.  The first two of the Blood Brothers trilogy were great!  I'd been reading alot of mysteries before I picked up Blood Brothers so I was ready for a good romance novel!

Phyll33

<<I am amazed... I started to collect her books & gave it up as a too daunting task. Agree with you on her trilogies... even the characters aren't as richly drawn. The only set I enjoyed these last few years was the garden trilogy (Lilly, Black Rose, ? can't remember the other title). I think I liked the evil spirit *G

I adore the JD Robb series... complex characters, though I feel they peaked when we found out Eve's story.>>

I know, I don't know why I don't stop since I am so far behind in reading them. I like the JD Robb the
best right now because I just prefer mysteries anymore. Some of her novels are suspense and I keep
trying to catch up but I think it's hopeless. I just like to read such a variety of books and have so many
authors I love that I can't stick with her books enough to get through them.

Wyobar

>>Red Lily, Black Rose and Blue Dahlia.  Loved them!  I'm reading High Noon right now.  It's really good so far.  Very small print, so it's a long one!

According to her website, Lifetime is making more movies from her books.  "Under consideration are Tribute, High Noon, Northern Lights, True Betrayals, Midnight Bayou and Carnal Innocence."  I thought they did a good job with Montana Sky and Carolina Moon.  Blue Smoke was okay.  I didn't care for Heather Locklear in Angels Fall, though.  Looking forward to seeing how they do with the next batch!<<
[/quote]

Oh, I would love Northern Lights and Midnight Bayou as movies... very awesome. Quick question... did you notice all the "almost" Firefly terms in High Noon? I first thought I was seeing things that weren't there, but as I read, I became more convinced they really were there.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Wyobar on July 10, 2008, 11:29:41 PM

Oh, I would love Northern Lights and Midnight Bayou as movies... very awesome. Quick question... did you notice all the "almost" Firefly terms in High Noon? I first thought I was seeing things that weren't there, but as I read, I became more convinced they really were there.

No, didn't catch them and I'm almost to the end.  Please enlighten me!

Wyobar

Quote from: SerenityValley on July 11, 2008, 06:30:53 AM
Quote from: Wyobar on July 10, 2008, 11:29:41 PM

No, didn't catch them and I'm almost to the end.  Please enlighten me!

I have to got back through the book, but off the top of my head. Starts with one character saying he got stupid (when he stole from Duncan), the description of Duncan's lawyer friend's wife...for the rest I will have to do some research. Catch you after work.

SerenityValley

JD Robb's Innocent in Death came with yesterday's mail!  Along with Harry Potter HBP (finally) and the last book from Janet Evanovich's Full series that I haven't read!  Busy reading weekend for me~