• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

tv movie in November

Started by Consigliere5, May 23, 2008, 05:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consigliere5

More Added To Cast Of
Jack Bauer's TV-Movie!!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36848

The "24" TV-movie, which deals with counterterrorism agent Jack Bauer averting an international crisis as a new U.S. president is sworn into office, has added more cast members.

Tony Todd ("Chuck") plays the cruel dictator Juma – a character who will reappear during "24's" regular seventh season, which launches January 2009.

Gil Bellows ("Ally McBeal") plays a U.S. official who serves Bauer a subpoena.

Eric Lively ("The L Word") will play the new U.S. president's son.

Robert Carlyle ("28 Weeks Later") was previously cast as a Bauer mentor.

The project will air on Fox Nov. 23.

Read all of the Hollywood Reporter's story on the matter here.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3id08e9f14f520f15d010fb0389d8bbeb3

Consigliere5

Breaking News: BRAND NEW DETAILS ON '24: EXILE' TV MOVIE
Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly gives the scoop on the Season 7 prequel
http://ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=6513

THE SKINNY: Last season's aborted season of 24 due to the writer's strike is providing a boon this fall when a prequel movie 24: EXILE arrives to bridge the next season due January 2008.

At today's Summer TCA session, Kevin Reilly, Fox Entertainment President revealed a bit more information about this two-hour TV movie.

"I think it was just an opportunity," says Reilly. "We were going to be off the air for a while and how do you bridge that gap. We thought about doing something online and after talking with [executive producer] Howard [Gordon] we decided to do it on air."

As for the story, Reilly explains, "it tees off the season -- it's a separate day."

"It's the day of the election of the president and swearing in," he adds. "It's a self-contained two hours."

While several episodes were created for Season 7 that have been held until January 2009 since last season didn't air, Reilly does note there were many false starts for this upcoming season prior to that and now he feels that it has the potential to be its best season yet.

"Howard is such a perfectionist," says Reilly. "He really wanted this season to be great. You heard about the starts and stops, but once he got the beat on it, it's going to be great. The two-hour prequel we're doing is going to be a real cool piece of business. We're going to have a vital 24."

==================================================

Breaking News: KIEFER SUTHERLAND GIVES THE SCOOP ON '24' - SEASON 7 AND THE NEW 'EXILE' MOVIE
And 'no,' this two-hour prequel movie is not the feature film idea that was in the works a few years back
http://ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=6516

THE SKINNY: Yes, it's that time of the year – time for Kiefer Sutherland to give us the scoop on the latest season of 24 and with the new 24: EXILE two-hour movie airing in the fall as a prequel to Season 7, there was a lot to talk about.

"I saw trailer a second ago and it looked like a movie," says Sutherland from this year's Fox TCA press tour, who admitted he was very pleased with this movie which takes Jack Bauer to Africa for what will be the trigger point event leading into Season 7.

"It sets up the conflict that starts in the prequel and is carried all the way through Season 7," says Sutherland. He also notes that the two-hour prequel will be two hours in real time and that many of the characters from the prequel will be appearing in Season 7.

Sutherland also praises Fox for deciding to hold off Season 7 for a full year, when they couldn't finish the season before last year's writer's strike. A handful of episodes were complete, but airing the series in its entirety without breaks was ultimately Fox's wishes which the actor feels was right on target.

"I think ultimately they made a courageous choice and correct one in waiting," admits Sutherland. "We've always done better when we've able to air all 24 episodes continuously. They had to make a hard decision, but I think the whole television season was disrupted badly, that I don't think the people who aired half a season won."

As for the future of the series, Sutherland says 24 will continue as long as the audience dictates they should continue.

"I've said the audience will ultimately dictate when it's time to stop," adds Sutherland. "The great fear that an actor has in going into television for the very first time is that you're playing the same character for five years, and I never realized what an arrogant idea it was until I actually had done it. There is so much room, especially with a show like 24, where each season impacts a character. From Season 1 to Season 2, I'm dealing with the death of my wife and all this weight starts to affect the character. And I' I found that amazingly interesting and exciting to do. I've said it before, I think the idea of the show is so strong, that it can surpass my involvement and I think an audience will ultimately dictate that too."

And of course the big question: Is this 24: EXILE movie the concept the producers had for the 24 feature film. Without hesitation, Sutherland's answer says it all: "no."

For fans, that's a nice collective sigh of relief that the future for Jack Bauer on the big screen looks very bright indeed.

Consigliere5

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/07/24-video-tortur.html

TCA -- Those scenes from the seventh season "24" trailer of Jack Bauer righteously defending himself against torture charges have seemed like a clear in-show response to last year's media accusations that the Fox hit unnecessarily (and unrealistically) promotes torture as a handy all-purpose problem solver.

"24" director/executive producer Jon Cassar says  that scene is the extent of any narrative defensiveness on the topic next season, and that torture fans need not worry -- next year will continue Bauer's reign of "don't make me do this!" nail-pulling excessiveness. Cassar touches on the torture issue in this video clip and also gives some thoughts about having more time this season to better plan the episodes.

Also, Cassar later confirmed the two-hour fall movie will play in real time just like the regular show (well, almost -- there's a five-minute opening scene from the day before, then a dissolve to a "The Following Takes Place Between..." clock starter). In the movie, Jack Bauer has decided he's had-it-up-to-here with that chaotic United States, so he's decided to stay out of trouble by living in Africa. Perhaps next season he'll opt for spring break in Zarqaa.

(Note: The shaky handheld camera in the clip should be considered an intentional stylistic homage to the urgent-looking production techniques of "24" and not a reflection of, say, the reporter's total lack of experience using a video camera).

Consigliere5

The Bauer Movie Has A Trailer And A Title!! 24: EXILE!!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37487

trailer:
http://b2-studios.com/cuts/FOX/24TCA_v6.html

Some stuff we know about the Nov. 23 Fox TV-movie and the 7th season of "24" launching about a month and a half later:

* The movie, shot in South Africa, is set in the fictional African nation of Sangala.

* Robert Carlyle's character is Bauer's best friend; they haven't seen each other in something like a decade.

* Carlyle claims he doesn't know if his character will appear in the 2009 episodes.

* The 7th season takes place at least four years after the 6th. We know this because Chloe O'Brien is now the mother of a 4-year-old.

* There's now a female U.S. president. The successor to David Palmer, John Keeler, Charles Logan, Hal Gardner, Wayne Palmer and Noah Daniels is played by Cherry Jones ("Signs").

* Sprague Grayden ("Jericho") will play the president's daughter.

* The president's son, played by Eric Lively ("The L Word"), will be seen in the movie, and will go missing at some point.

* Carly Pope ("Popular") will play the son's girlfriend.

* Jon Voight ("Transformers") will play an evil mastermind in both the movie and subsequent episodes.

* Tony Todd ("Candyman") will play the evil Sangala dictator in both the movie and subsequent episodes.

* Janeane Garofalo ("The West Wing"), who played an FBI agent in "Clay Pigeons" and Mary Lynn Rajskub's boss on "The Larry Sanders Show," plays an FBI agent in season seven.

* Gil Bellows ("Ally McBeal") will play a State Department employee in the movie.

* John Billingsly ("Star Trek: Enterprise," "The Nine") has been cast as somebody named Latham.

* Series icon Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) and his giant soulpatch live.

* We can expect the seventh season to be set several months after the movie.

You can still watch a trailer for the 7th season, some of which was shot last fall before the writer's strike, here.

Consigliere5

welp, i think that trailer shows that the voiceover narration can be very important...

thankfully it seems that that isn't the finished version...

Consigliere5

http://www.tvverdict.com/2008/11/10/24-redemption-review/

"It's a taut, exciting, emotionally impacting two hours, packed full of iconic Bauer moments–my favorite, when he's talking trash to the useless UN worker and says "Why don't you go hide in the shelter with the rest of the children."–and moves effortlessly into the new season."

Consigliere5

Consigliere5

Consigliere5

JACK Bauer sustains the usual bumps and bruises in the long-awaited two-hour "24" movie on Fox, but it's the United Nations that really takes it on the chin.

The producers of "24" evidently have zero respect for the UN. To hammer the point home, their two-hour movie - "24: Redemption," premiering Sunday, Nov. 23 - includes a representative of a UN "peace-keeping" force who just might be the most spineless, loathsome character ever created for this show.

First, this weasel refuses to believe urgent, eyewitness accounts that heavily armed rebels in the fictional African country of Sangala are sweeping the countryside kidnapping schoolboys and forcing them to become soldiers in the rebel army.

Then, when some of the rebels come rolling up to the rural school where Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) has been helping a former Special Forces colleague (Robert Carlyle) work with orphans, the UN guy (played by Sean Cameron Michael) declares that he'll pacify the rebels simply by chatting with them.

After catching a glimpse of them, however, he immediately runs to join the children in an underground shelter, leaving Jack to fend off the rebel group all by himself.

As if that wasn't cowardly enough, he later decides to save his own skin by telling the rebels where Jack and the children are hiding.

The producers took pains to make the UN rep look as foolish as possible, even though the impotence of the UN is not even a major plot point in this movie, whose real purpose is to set up the seventh season of "24," scheduled to start, at long last, in January.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11032008/tv/jumpin_jack_136556.htm

(more at the link)

Spooky

Quote"24: Redemption," premiering Sunday, Nov. 23 - includes a representative of a UN "peace-keeping" force who just might be the most spineless, loathsome character ever created for this show.

Good to see they are sticking to the facts.  :loloeo:
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.