• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

New Moon (The Twilight Saga, Book 2)

Started by Spooky, December 21, 2008, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

I enjoyed it better than the first book. It had a faster pace and more action and there was less, although still to much in my opinion, of Bella pining for Edward.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Spooky

[spoiler]They got the greenlight to do this film already and it got me thinking. Jacob, in the book, ends up being 6-7 (and muscular) after his latent werewolf side is activated by the presence of the vamps, but... the actor who played Jacob in the first film, Taylor Lautner (Henry Spivey's son in My Own Worst Enemy), is only listed as 5-9 in his IMDB profile. He is a kid and may have a growth spurt, but there is no way he will be able to play the imposing figure of doggy boy Jacob in the book. I guess they could do a lot of the forced perspective type shots like they did in LotR, but him not being the imposing giant he is portrayed to be in the book will be a let down in the film IMHO. Just looked and they guy who plays Edward is listed as 6-1, 4 inches taller that the guy who is supposed to dwarf him. LOL[/spoiler]

Spooky

[spoiler]
I know the 14 year old girls will be heart broken, but I hope they cast a new actor for the role.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=62974

Is Lautner Out Of New Moon?

There are reports that Summit Entertainment may be recasting the role of Native American werewolf Jacob Black for the Twilight sequel New Moon, played by Taylor Lautner in the first movie.

Entertainment Weekly reported that Lautner's agent has reached out to one of the visual-effects companies that worked on Brad Pitt's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button in order to show New Moon director Chris Weitz and Summit how visual effects could create a digitally bulked-up Lautner, suggesting a possible casting change was based on Lautner's physique.

Lautner himself told SCI FI Wire and other reporters last month that he was working out in anticipation of New Moon, which revolves around the relationship between Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Jacob.

"I'm trying," Lautner said when asked if he was hitting the gym.

"I'm trying not to think about it, not getting my hopes up yet," Lautner said about the sequel while promoting Twilight. "I mean, anything can happen. But, yes, the buzz behind this is unreal and just the amp coming up to the movie."

Many fans support Lautner's casting. Summit is quick to say that casting for the character has not been decided.

[/spoiler]