• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Dead Until Dark

Started by Spooky, December 17, 2008, 11:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Good book! The last 3/4ths it was quite the page turner. You can't help but fall in love with Sookie, She was so well written. I think I read the whole book with a southern accent. LOL

I am definitely look forward to the rest of the books and watch the HBO series.
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Skipup

Charlaine is a fabulous writer. I think the character I am most disappointed with in the TV series, is Sookie. She isn't portrayed as smart as she really is in the books.
Don't let my little dragon die, click the egg!

TinkTanker

Quote from: Skipup on December 22, 2008, 10:13:24 PM
Charlaine is a fabulous writer. I think the character I am most disappointed with in the TV series, is Sookie. She isn't portrayed as smart as she really is in the books.

I'm into the third book and I have to agree. I really like the Sookie of the books; she's a real pistol.

These are definitely 'chick' books, but very well written.
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Skipup

Quote from: TinkTanker on January 15, 2009, 08:35:50 AM
Quote from: Skipup on December 22, 2008, 10:13:24 PM

I'm into the third book and I have to agree. I really like the Sookie of the books; she's a real pistol.

These are definitely 'chick' books, but very well written.

Yeah...but I am a "chick".
Don't let my little dragon die, click the egg!