• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Amazon Kindle

Started by Spooky, November 14, 2008, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Eric

I'd consider it if I could get the Baltimore Examiner on it.  Well, and if it were $300 cheaper.

Spooky

Saxon

Jessi wants one. They are running a special with Borders, I think. 100 free ebooks. She's lovin' that it looks like something out of Star Trek! heh.

But I think Santa is planning on bringing her a GPS this year...sooo.....

TinkTanker

Quote from: Saxon on November 14, 2008, 01:53:14 PM
Jessi wants one. They are running a special with Borders, I think. 100 free ebooks. She's lovin' that it looks like something out of Star Trek! heh.

The GPS has saved our butts numerous occasions. The wife no longer is afraid to go out of town by herself and when we went to Atlanta and made a wrong turn into one of the bad sides, we got out of there in no time. GPS rocks; be sure to get one of the ones that actually speaks the name of the streets (turn left on Highland Avenue).
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

Spooky

Well... I bit the bullet and laid out almost $400 bones (including tax) for it. I'll post a review after I've used it for a while.

Saxon

Quote from: TinkTanker on November 14, 2008, 01:58:26 PM
Quote from: Saxon on November 14, 2008, 01:53:14 PM

The GPS has saved our butts numerous occasions. The wife no longer is afraid to go out of town by herself and when we went to Atlanta and made a wrong turn into one of the bad sides, we got out of there in no thyme. GPS rocks; be sure to get one of the ones that actually speaks the name of the streets (turn left on Highland Avenue).

I was just looking at the GPS capabilities on the phones we can get when we upgrade in a couple of weeks...they say 'turn by turn', directions. It's VZ Navigator through Verizon. Anyone know anything about it? For just a little bit more per month, and the cost of upgrading the phones (buy one at $150 and get the other two free), we can have that and internet access. I know my girls, especially Gingi...I'm thinking having the service on something she's already carrying will be better than another gadget to lose. (they never forget their phones or ipods).

Saxon

Quote from: Spooky on November 14, 2008, 02:13:02 PM
Well... I bit the bullet and laid out almost $400 bones (including tax) for it. I'll post a review after I've used it for a while.

Ooh, yay.

Spooky

My Kindle shipped! Should be here next Tuesday.  :happy:

Saxon

How fun! We'll be expecting a 'review'!