• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Fox saves Sarah...Connor, that is

Started by Spooky, October 20, 2008, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky

Let's hear it for Fox TV! No, you don't need to check my meds. I'm seriously giving a shout-out to Fox for their latest move. Despite so-so ratings, Fox has renewed Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles for the remainder of the 2008-9 season. This says that Fox understands that shows -- especially the sci-fi genre -- need time to develop and grow an audience...

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/10/18/fox-saves-sarah-connor-that-is/
And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

SerenityValley

Quote from: Spooky on October 20, 2008, 08:21:58 AM

Let's hear it for Fox TV! No, you don't need to check my meds. I'm seriously giving a shout-out to Fox for their latest move. Despite so-so ratings, Fox has renewed Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles for the remainder of the 2008-9 season. This says that Fox understands that shows -- especially the sci-fi genre -- need thyme to develop and grow an audience...

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/10/18/fox-saves-sarah-connor-that-is/

That should maybe be rephrased to say "This says that Fox has learned that shows -- especially the sci-fi genre -- need thyme to develop and grow and audience"
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Phyll33

Does anyone else think that if they had made Sarah tougher and not let her pull some stupid stunts and made John more likable and not as
stupid this show might have had more of a chance. The part of John just gets on my nerves, there is nothing heroish about him and Sarah never
willing to do what she has to do to really save them just drives me up a wall. I noticed the money train for the episodes seems to have died off
too. This last episode was not only boring but not very well made either. 

Saxon

I haven't been watching it. The only good thing in it is Summer, and the character of John, though they did sort of give him a back bone does grate on my nerves too. I've NEVER liked the Sarah character. I think I'm just too stuck on what she's supposed to be. You can fudge with John, since we're not supposed to know him at this age, and Cameron is new, but we KNOW who/what/how Sarah is...and this ain't her.

Oh, I do love the FBI guy (course, last I saw of him he was sitting down with the Scottish chick, so he may change). I liked him before I knew that he was a Christian...then loved that he was actually consulted and contributed from a Christian standpoint. To me that was a mega leap for 'hollyweird', ya know?

I still want to catch up on the eps. Maybe next time Jessi's home we'll just do a marathon.

Phyll33

Yes, Sarah is a disappointment. She is just playing her too blah but John is so unlikable for me that I'm about
to give it up. I just want to give his character a good smack up side the head.

Saxon

Exactly!

I can't see how this spoiled little whiney baby boy could possibly grow up in a few short years to lead anything!

By that age, you can SEE the man that a boy will become. I don't see it there.

Spooky

Quote from: Saxon on November 10, 2008, 11:13:33 AM
I can't see how this spoiled little whiney baby boy could possibly grow up in a few short years to lead anything!

He going to grow up and be Christian Bale.

http://correctopinion.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/bale-in-t4.jpg

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

Saxon

Quote from: Spooky on November 10, 2008, 11:49:00 AM

He going to grow up and be Christian Bale.

http://correctopinion.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/bale-in-t4.jpg

*giggle*

Okay smarty britches, tell me how you think that whiny little sissy boy is going to change that much in a few short years? lol.

They need to mature the heck outta him, right quick like.

Eric

Did you happen to watch T2 or T3?   :rofl: :veryangry: :rofl: :doh: :'(
Same type of John, though Linda Hamilton's Sarah was tougher (and borderline crazier) in T2.  Granted, T2's John Connor was still a fair amount younger.

By that age, you can SEE the man that a boy will become. I don't see it there.

I agree that he would be the unlikely leader and hero.  It could be done though, if he has a "hero" moment; Some sort of tragedy which gives him perfect clarity.  Sergent York, To Hell and Back and Spider-man all had different varieties of these.  York and Audie Murphy (To Hell and Back) were due to something which happened in battle.  Peter Parker let the same robber run by him who would soon kill his uncle.  

A tough-guy West Point grad, or S.E.A.L., or any other elite serviceman would have been great.  But, we don't know what happened in the starting hours of Judgment Day.  Perhaps the soldiers were the first to be taken out?  So perhaps O'Connor's home-schooled survival training (presumedly with a range of war theory/history) would be the best?

Unfortunately, T3's moment for John Connor was weak and unbelievable and possibly even a deus ex machina.  I don't know if the TV series will try to work it out in a better way or not, but they may still have the chance to fix it.

And of course, T4 looks to be just-plain-rockin'.  

Pearl@32

It's a shame, because given the material, Thomas Dekker CAN act.

His turn on House was very well acted: the "House vs. God" episode where Dekker plays a teenage faith healer.
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.