• Welcome to Ten Percent of Nuthin'.

News:

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse... but you take a boat in the air that you don't love... she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down... tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home.  -Mal

Main Menu

Justified: Season 5

Started by TinkTanker, March 28, 2013, 07:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkTanker

It's party time in Harlan County: FX has renewed Justified for a fifth season.

The cabler broke the news at its annual upfront presentation Thursday morning in New York, one of several big announcements coming out of the event.

Justified wraps up its current fourth season (the show's highest-rated yet) on Tuesday. Season 5 will bow in January 2014.

Other headlines from FX's upfront soiree:

* FX's spin-off net, FXX, debuts Sept. 2 and will target young adults 18-34 (vs. FX's 18-49). The new channel, which replaces Fox Soccer, will be anchored by soon-to-be-former FX staples It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (renewed for a 10th season) and The League (already renewed for a fifth). Legit (renewed for Season 2) and Totally Biased with Kamau Bell will also relocate to FXX.

* FX's new branding tagline is... "Fearless."

* Season 2 of recently-renewed drama The Americans will premiere in January 2014.

* As per tradition, American Horror Story: Coven — the third chapter in Ryan Murphy's creeptastic anthology — will roll out in time for Halloween.

* The fourth season of Louie may — we repeat may — debut in 2014.

* The new Diane Kruger-Demián Bichir drama The Bridge premieres in July.

* The net has formally greenlit a limited series based on the 1996 pic Fargo. Joel and Ethan Coen, who helmed the film, will produce. Production begins in December. It will air on FX's movie arm, FXM.

* The pilot for Guillermo del Toro's The Strain, EP'd by del Toro and Lost's Carlton Cuse, starts production this summer. Landgraf said the prospective series will "reinvent the vampire horror drama."

http://tvline.com/2013/03/28/justified-renewed-season-5/
"Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, in the right order?"

TinkTanker

Target has the third season on DVD for $14.99; Best Buy (and others, probably) should price match if you ask nicely.

Spooky

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.

TinkTanker

Firefly Apple Pie Moonshine. For the Browncoat who will never leave Harlan alive.

Spooky

Eric

Quote from: TinkTanker on April 12, 2013, 04:46:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aDKe97e.jpg

Firefly Apple Pie Moonshine. For the Browncoat who will never leave Harlan alive.

That's awesome.  Just pray you don't get any of Mags' Special Reserve.

TinkTanker

Quote from: Eric on April 14, 2013, 07:05:04 AM
Quote from: TinkTanker on April 12, 2013, 04:46:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aDKe97e.jpg

That's awesome.  Just pray you don't get any of Mags' Special Reserve.

It's in the glass, not the jar. :PSA:

AdmiralDigby

t's in the glass, not the jar. :PSA:

:drink:
It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Pearl@32

'JUSTIFIED' SEASON: THE CROWES SWOOP IN

Justified fans, you've probably heard the news, but in case you haven't: THE PREMIERE DATE HAS LANDED! But as you mark Jan. 7 on your calendars, allow me to tell you more about the season. Rather, let executive producer Graham Yost:

"The big thing would be Dewey Crowe, our beloved Dewey, who we didn't even see last year — it's a big season for him," Yost says. "It's also his family — these Crowes from Florida come up and cause a lot of problems for Raylan and Boyd." And yes, says Yost, they are this season's big bad. (Michael Rapaport, who is playing Daryl Crowe, Jr., Alicia Witt, and Amy Smart are among the guest cast we'll see.)

As for Raylan, the season picks up a few months after last season's finale — so, yes, the baby has arrived! "That has a profound effect on him," teases Yost. "So what does he want to do going forward? And the baby is not in Kentucky. So what is he going to do? And that's one of the big questions of the season."

The other? Can Boyd get Ava out of the pokey! "As much as we don't want to repeat anything done by Orange Is the New Black or...Sons, we do have a woman in prison. So we have stories about that. That's going to be her big story this season."
"Reverting to name calling indicates you are getting defensive and find my point valid."—Mr. Spock, Into Darkness

End the hyphens...we are all human beings who live in America.

Spooky

Alicia Witt and Amy Smart! Yes Please!